General Discussions
Installing Windows 2016

We are installing VTSCADA for the first time in our district and will be setting it up on two Windows 2016 Virtual Servers. Is there any documentation I can give our IT contractor for setting up these servers for running the HMI?

We are installing VTSCADA for the first time in our district and will be setting it up on two Windows 2016 Virtual Servers. Is there any documentation I can give our IT contractor for setting up these servers for running the HMI?

Setting up VTScada on VM's is pretty straightforward. Just don't create an image and copy it across virtual machines because each install attaches itself to the machine ID.
Also, you'll want to ensure that, if using a dialer, you have a modem for each application and server and that those are pointed to the correct VM. Also, the last important consideration is to preallocate resources to each VM instead of leaving them dynamic.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Setting up VTScada on VM's is pretty straightforward. Just don't create an image and copy it across virtual machines because each install attaches itself to the machine ID. Also, you'll want to ensure that, if using a dialer, you have a modem for each application and server and that those are pointed to the correct VM. Also, the last important consideration is to preallocate resources to each VM instead of leaving them dynamic. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft