Support Forums
Connection losses

I have the latest Light software. Up and running connected to a Compact Logix running V20 flawlessly. But with my V.28 Control Logix, it will connect long enough to show the connection in the AB Demo driver then disconnects. what can I try?

I have the latest Light software. Up and running connected to a Compact Logix running V20 flawlessly. But with my V.28 Control Logix, it will connect long enough to show the connection in the AB Demo driver then disconnects. what can I try?

The following was suggested by our engineering group:

"
The ControlLogix may use a different port-segment-path.
Does it have a built-in Ethernet port? This sometimes requires a blank port-segment-path.
"

Can you try their recommendation and let us know if that fixes your issue?

The following was suggested by our engineering group: " The ControlLogix may use a different port-segment-path. Does it have a built-in Ethernet port? This sometimes requires a blank port-segment-path. " Can you try their recommendation and let us know if that fixes your issue?

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

So we got it fixed. here is what I learned. In the driver connection path, there is the port segment path noted as [1,0]. The first number indicates the Backplane, the second indicates the processor's position in the rack.

So we got it fixed. here is what I learned. In the driver connection path, there is the port segment path noted as [1,0]. The first number indicates the Backplane, the second indicates the processor's position in the rack.

Thanks for following up with what worked for this issue. I'm sure you won't be the only one with this question.

Thanks for following up with what worked for this issue. I'm sure you won't be the only one with this question.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft