Support Forums
VTScada Currently Running as a Service

The VTScada on my laptop will not run as an application.

Every time I try to launch it, I get

Error "VTScada is currently running as a service"

"Starting VTScada as an application requires stopping the service, which could disrupt other users or the operation of this installation.

It is recommended that configuration be performed on a machine that doesn't host a VTScada service."

I've tried "vts.exe /s=stop" with mixed results. It has worked a couple of times. More recently the response has been:

"Could not connect to Service Control Manager, service not stopped.
Access denied.
Windows Error Code: 0x5"

I even tried reinstalling with the program with install as a system service both checked and unchecked.

What can I try next?

The VTScada on my laptop will not run as an application. Every time I try to launch it, I get Error "VTScada is currently running as a service" "Starting VTScada as an application requires stopping the service, which could disrupt other users or the operation of this installation. It is recommended that configuration be performed on a machine that doesn't host a VTScada service." I've tried "vts.exe /s=stop" with mixed results. It has worked a couple of times. More recently the response has been: "Could not connect to Service Control Manager, service not stopped. Access denied. Windows Error Code: 0x5" I even tried reinstalling with the program with install as a system service both checked and unchecked. What can I try next?

Open Task Manager and go to the Services tab. Scroll down until you find the VTS. What user is it running under?

In the Windows search box at the bottom of the Windows task bar and type Services. Scrolol down in there until you find VTS. Right click and go to Properties. You should be able to stop the service there and either make it manual mode or disable it.

Open Task Manager and go to the Services tab. Scroll down until you find the VTS. What user is it running under? In the Windows search box at the bottom of the Windows task bar and type Services. Scrolol down in there until you find VTS. Right click and go to Properties. You should be able to stop the service there and either make it manual mode or disable it.

Doug Spurrell

Thanks.

That worked. Still have to do it everytime but at least I can use the program

Thanks. That worked. Still have to do it everytime but at least I can use the program

Are you trying to do configuration or something? Running VTScada as a service means there is no user interface at all. Some minimal configuration can be done using an Internet client interface. Other than that, without having to stop the service, you can use a development license on another computer on the network running that app.

Are you trying to do configuration or something? Running VTScada as a service means there is no user interface at all. Some minimal configuration can be done using an Internet client interface. Other than that, without having to stop the service, you can use a development license on another computer on the network running that app.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft