Support Forums
VTScada Lite not working over network

I am using KepDirect as an OPC server. I have disabled windows firewalls and can successfully ping between computers.

When I go in VTScada Lt to create a new OPC client, it doesn't see Kepdirect as an option in the pull down menu. Any help?

I am using KepDirect as an OPC server. I have disabled windows firewalls and can successfully ping between computers. When I go in VTScada Lt to create a new OPC client, it doesn't see Kepdirect as an option in the pull down menu. Any help?

Running OPC servers and clients on two different computers is not as simple as checking networking connections. You need to configure DCOM security correctly. There are a number of articles on the OPC site regarding this. A lot of our clients are foregoing this and using OPC tunneler software instead. Or running VTScada on the OPC server computer itself.

Running OPC servers and clients on two different computers is not as simple as checking networking connections. You need to configure DCOM security correctly. There are a number of articles on the OPC site regarding this. A lot of our clients are foregoing this and using OPC tunneler software instead. Or running VTScada on the OPC server computer itself.

Doug Spurrell

Would never recommend doing this. It's a nearly insurmountable rabbit hole of dead technology.

Would never recommend doing this. It's a nearly insurmountable rabbit hole of dead technology.

This is one of the failing of OPC-DA; it's dependence on Microsoft DCOM, which Microsoft has ended and restarted support for. This is also the reason I constantly suggest implementing OPC-UA support; which has no dependency on Microsoft products, as it can be used on almost any OS and accessed across plain old TCP.

This is one of the failing of OPC-DA; it's dependence on Microsoft DCOM, which Microsoft has ended and restarted support for. This is also the reason I constantly suggest implementing OPC-UA support; which has no dependency on Microsoft products, as it can be used on almost any OS and accessed across plain old TCP.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

HEADS UP - VTScada now supports OPC UA Clients in Version 12.

It is available in all VTScada licenses at no extra cost and is not counted towards your I/O tag license limit.

Learn all about it here:
https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_OPCUA_Tag.htm?Highlight=OPC-UA

**HEADS UP - VTScada now supports OPC UA Clients in Version 12.** It is available in all VTScada licenses at no extra cost and is not counted towards your I/O tag license limit. Learn all about it here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_OPCUA_Tag.htm?Highlight=OPC-UA
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft