Support Forums
Can't read PLC tags on external PC (Beckhoff PLC)

Hello,

I am having a problem reading tags from my OPC Server using VTScada Light. The server is located on an external PC and the connection to the client PC is made through DCOM. I know the DCOM configuration is correct because I can use Matrikon OPC Explorer on the client PC to read all the servers and tags on the external PC. I just can't replicate this within VTScada. This first screenshot shows Matrikon OPC Explorer can successfully read the PLC tags from the external server over DCOM. 5be45a8b4eb55

In VTScada I tried to set up an OPC Client as shown below.5be45afcbcfd6
5be45b2d59e7a
As you can see, VTScada has no problem finding the server.

However, when I try to add a child analog input to the OPC Client I don't see the tags button next to the address box. 5be45bcc2f27e

I suspect I am simply setting this up incorrectly as the DCOM has been proven to work with Matrikon. Is there anything else I need to do before setting up the OPC Client in VTScada?

I am very new with this program as well as OPC and PLCs so any instructions on how to successfully set this up would be very appreciated.

the PLC I am using is a Beckhoff CX5020.

Hello, I am having a problem reading tags from my OPC Server using VTScada Light. The server is located on an external PC and the connection to the client PC is made through DCOM. I know the DCOM configuration is correct because I can use Matrikon OPC Explorer on the client PC to read all the servers and tags on the external PC. I just can't replicate this within VTScada. This first screenshot shows Matrikon OPC Explorer can successfully read the PLC tags from the external server over DCOM. ![5be45a8b4eb55](serve/attachment&path=5be45a8b4eb55) In VTScada I tried to set up an OPC Client as shown below.![5be45afcbcfd6](serve/attachment&path=5be45afcbcfd6) ![5be45b2d59e7a](serve/attachment&path=5be45b2d59e7a) As you can see, VTScada has no problem finding the server. However, when I try to add a child analog input to the OPC Client I don't see the tags button next to the address box. ![5be45bcc2f27e](serve/attachment&path=5be45bcc2f27e) I suspect I am simply setting this up incorrectly as the DCOM has been proven to work with Matrikon. Is there anything else I need to do before setting up the OPC Client in VTScada? I am very new with this program as well as OPC and PLCs so any instructions on how to successfully set this up would be very appreciated. the PLC I am using is a Beckhoff CX5020.

I solved this issue by simply creating a new VTScada application. For some reason the application I was previously using would not allow me to connect

I solved this issue by simply creating a new VTScada application. For some reason the application I was previously using would not allow me to connect
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft