General Discussions
Toggling a Digital Status tag on interval

Hi Guys. I'm installing VTScada in place of another SCADA system and need a way to replicate the old watchdog functionality that they were using. Currently, their old SCADA system toggles a bit for each RTU, based on a set interval, and that bit is tied to a point in the RTU that will cause an alarm on site, if the bit stops toggling (loss of comms).

I believe I will need to do this using scripting, or possibly a script tag, but I was hoping to get some help and a direction to look in. Thanks!

Hi Guys. I'm installing VTScada in place of another SCADA system and need a way to replicate the old watchdog functionality that they were using. Currently, their old SCADA system toggles a bit for each RTU, based on a set interval, and that bit is tied to a point in the RTU that will cause an alarm on site, if the bit stops toggling (loss of comms). I believe I will need to do this using scripting, or possibly a script tag, but I was hoping to get some help and a direction to look in. Thanks!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft