Support Forums
Installation failed

I've tried 6 times to install VTS 11.3.23 yesterday on a Windows 10 Pro PC. I've attache my PC Systeminfo.5c86fd97e5430
5c86fd97ef291

-
-
1- First try, I download the executable from the VTS web site, right click and run as an administrator. I've selected the VTS Light version 64bits. The installation freeze and the whole PC. It freezes at 15%, and I went for lunch before restarting the PC. The PC did not start. I had no option but to load an earlier backup.

2- Reload the windows backup and launch the installation again. It went up until I see application remaining 7 and then crash. Same parttern. I've to load a backup can't start the PC.

3- I've done the same thing, but before starting the installation, I've disabled the windows user control feature and the windows virus protection. No chance, the PC crash and I've to reload a backup.

4- I've tried with 32bits VTS version. Same thing.

5- I tried to install VTS 11.2.3, thinking it's the version. No chance...
5c86fad9bc2c8
5c86fad9d88d3

6- I've started a Windows 7 vitrual machine and install the VTS 11.3.23 software and it works!! Oh yess, I've start the application (double click on the changeset) and I don't have any text shown. There's also no text in the VTS application manager. See picture.
5c86fad96b5d8 5c86fec092231

What's wrong with my PC? Everything works well normally... I've given up after 6h of PC reset and failure.

I've tried 6 times to install VTS 11.3.23 yesterday on a Windows 10 Pro PC. I've attache my PC Systeminfo.![5c86fd97e5430](serve/attachment&path=5c86fd97e5430) ![5c86fd97ef291](serve/attachment&path=5c86fd97ef291) - - 1- First try, I download the executable from the VTS web site, right click and run as an administrator. I've selected the VTS Light version 64bits. The installation freeze and the whole PC. It freezes at 15%, and I went for lunch before restarting the PC. The PC did not start. I had no option but to load an earlier backup. 2- Reload the windows backup and launch the installation again. It went up until I see application remaining 7 and then crash. Same parttern. I've to load a backup can't start the PC. 3- I've done the same thing, but before starting the installation, I've disabled the windows user control feature and the windows virus protection. No chance, the PC crash and I've to reload a backup. 4- I've tried with 32bits VTS version. Same thing. 5- I tried to install VTS 11.2.3, thinking it's the version. No chance... ![5c86fad9bc2c8](serve/attachment&path=5c86fad9bc2c8) ![5c86fad9d88d3](serve/attachment&path=5c86fad9d88d3) 6- I've started a Windows 7 vitrual machine and install the VTS 11.3.23 software and it works!! Oh yess, I've start the application (double click on the changeset) and I don't have any text shown. There's also no text in the VTS application manager. See picture. ![5c86fad96b5d8](serve/attachment&path=5c86fad96b5d8) ![5c86fec092231](serve/attachment&path=5c86fec092231) What's wrong with my PC? Everything works well normally... I've given up after 6h of PC reset and failure.
edited Mar 12 '19 at 12:38 am

I think we can help you with this. You installer issue on the Windows 10 machine is likely due to an over-aggressive virus scanner. I'd suggest trying the installer, as an admin, with the virus scanner disabled.

On the Windows 7 screen, if you get that machine up-to-date, your text will appear smile

Hope this helps, let us know if you continue to have issues with the installer.

I think we can help you with this. You installer issue on the Windows 10 machine is likely due to an over-aggressive virus scanner. I'd suggest trying the installer, as an admin, with the virus scanner disabled. On the Windows 7 screen, if you get that machine up-to-date, your text will appear :) Hope this helps, let us know if you continue to have issues with the installer.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi Dave!

The only virus scanner installed on the machine is the Windows 10 one. I've disabled the windows user control feature, the windows virus protection and run the installer as an administrator. No chance, the PC crash again and Windows stop working. All windows 10 update are done.

The windows 7 virtual machine was not updated as you said, I'll make every update windows offer and I hope it will work.

I prefer to have the VTS installed directly on the machine since a VM is quite slow.

Hi Dave! The only virus scanner installed on the machine is the Windows 10 one. I've disabled the windows user control feature, the windows virus protection and run the installer as an administrator. No chance, the PC crash again and Windows stop working. All windows 10 update are done. The windows 7 virtual machine was not updated as you said, I'll make every update windows offer and I hope it will work. I prefer to have the VTS installed directly on the machine since a VM is quite slow.

Can I email you a location to place a zipped version of the partially installed VTScada directories (one is likely C:\VTScada*. and the other is likely C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScada\.*)? We don't have any other reports of this issue so I'd like to raise a support request to see if our development folks can help you out on this.

PS: sorry I missed some of your previous notes They seemed to get blended into the images for some reason but I have since read them and see you had already tried with your anti-virus disabled.

Can I email you a location to place a zipped version of the partially installed VTScada directories (one is likely C:\VTScada\*.* and the other is likely C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScada\*.*)? We don't have any other reports of this issue so I'd like to raise a support request to see if our development folks can help you out on this. PS: sorry I missed some of your previous notes They seemed to get blended into the images for some reason but I have since read them and see you had already tried with your anti-virus disabled.

Hi Dave,

I've upload the 2 folders and photo/video of the issue in the incoming folder "2019-03-13_Trihedral_Diagnostic_PL.zip". I've noticed high CPU usage of the "Windows Antimalware services" during installation and while copying the VTS Folder.

Patrick

Hi Dave, I've upload the 2 folders and photo/video of the issue in the incoming folder "2019-03-13_Trihedral_Diagnostic_PL.zip". I've noticed high CPU usage of the "Windows Antimalware services" during installation and while copying the VTS Folder. Patrick

Thanks. I'm downloading the file and will create the support request for this. Can I use 'patrick.lelievre.2@gmail.com' as the contact email?

Thanks. I'm downloading the file and will create the support request for this. Can I use 'patrick.lelievre.2@gmail.com' as the contact email?

Our development group has requested a few more bits of info on this. They would like to know how much drive space you have remaining and would like you to run a disk check to ensure there isn't a disk error. As I noted earlier, this is the only instance of this issue we have heard of and they are seeing some missing files which should have been installed before files which are in the directory you sent.

Our development group has requested a few more bits of info on this. They would like to know how much drive space you have remaining and would like you to run a disk check to ensure there isn't a disk error. As I noted earlier, this is the only instance of this issue we have heard of and they are seeing some missing files which should have been installed before files which are in the directory you sent.

Hi Dave,

My C:\ drive is an SSD with 89.2GB free of 222GB. I've also and other conventionnal drive D:\ with 75.2 GB free of 298GB.

I'll start a chkdsk C: /f /r /x and give you an update shortly.

Thank you very much Dave for your time!

Hi Dave, My C:\ drive is an SSD with 89.2GB free of 222GB. I've also and other conventionnal drive D:\ with 75.2 GB free of 298GB. I'll start a chkdsk C: /f /r /x and give you an update shortly. Thank you very much Dave for your time!

Hi Dave,

Here's the report :

5c91a427b7307
5c91a427b96e1

Do you want me to delete C:\VTScada and C:\Program Files\Trihedral then retry a clean VTS installation ?

Hi Dave, Here's the report : ![5c91a427b7307](serve/attachment&path=5c91a427b7307) ![5c91a427b96e1](serve/attachment&path=5c91a427b96e1) Do you want me to delete C:\VTScada and C:\Program Files\Trihedral then retry a clean VTS installation ?

Yes, deleting the directories may help. I'd also suggest removing the software\trihedral registries. I'll add your notes, above, to the support case.

Yes, deleting the directories may help. I'd also suggest removing the software\trihedral registries. I'll add your notes, above, to the support case.

Hi Dave,

Nothing as been resolved with the Chkdsk. The exact same pattern happens. When I launch the VTS install PC goes strange and completely freeze at Remaining application. I've added an update zip file called "2019-03-21_Trihedral_Diagnostic_PL" in the incoming folder with a complete film until it freeze and with the VTS installation folder.

I'll try to run SFC tools and DSCM tool and I hope to find something.

Hi Dave, Nothing as been resolved with the Chkdsk. The exact same pattern happens. When I launch the VTS install PC goes strange and completely freeze at Remaining application. I've added an update zip file called "2019-03-21_Trihedral_Diagnostic_PL" in the incoming folder with a complete film until it freeze and with the VTS installation folder. I'll try to run SFC tools and DSCM tool and I hope to find something.

Hi Dave,

I gave up... At least, I've made it work on my Windows 7 virtual machine after updating the OS.

If I recap everything tried :

• full verification with: chkdsk /F /R /I C:
  • Windows 10 repair with : sfc /scannow (log dropped into the incoming folder)
  • Windows 10 repair with : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • PC cleaning with roguekiller, adwcleaner and ccleaner.
  • I've update the AMD graphic card, AMD chipset, AMD software.
  • I've update all utility software such Java, Adobe air and others.
  • Windows 10 is up-to-date
  • Before installation, Windows antivirus and user control are disabled.

Every time the PC freeze when the installation is at Application remaining : 7. Then I've to restore to a previous checkpoint, windows won't start. I've let the PC froze 5 hours hopping it will finish the installation.

See into the incoming folder the .zip file called "2019-03-24_VTS_LOGS_PL.zip" where you can find the VTS installation folder, the SFC log and a picture where it froze.

Thanks for your help, but I can't get it done.

Patrick

Hi Dave, I gave up... At least, I've made it work on my Windows 7 virtual machine after updating the OS. If I recap everything tried : - full verification with: chkdsk /F /R /I C: - Windows 10 repair with : sfc /scannow (log dropped into the incoming folder) - Windows 10 repair with : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth - PC cleaning with roguekiller, adwcleaner and ccleaner. - I've update the AMD graphic card, AMD chipset, AMD software. - I've update all utility software such Java, Adobe air and others. - Windows 10 is up-to-date - Before installation, Windows antivirus and user control are disabled. Every time the PC freeze when the installation is at Application remaining : 7. Then I've to restore to a previous checkpoint, windows won't start. I've let the PC froze 5 hours hopping it will finish the installation. See into the incoming folder the .zip file called "2019-03-24_VTS_LOGS_PL.zip" where you can find the VTS installation folder, the SFC log and a picture where it froze. Thanks for your help, but I can't get it done. Patrick
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft