General Discussions
Syntax For Alarm Setup Tab

What is the syntax for specifying a particular .wav file in the Alarm Setup tab of a Digital Status tag.

I want the sound for certain tags to be different from the others of the same Priority level. I'm planning on using an included .wav file.

Thanks

What is the syntax for specifying a particular .wav file in the Alarm Setup tab of a Digital Status tag. I want the sound for certain tags to be different from the others of the same Priority level. I'm planning on using an included .wav file. Thanks

To do this:

1. Open the tag browser
  2. Look for the AlarmPriority0, Alarm Priority1, etc. tags.
  3. For each of these, right click and select properties.
  4. Under the Sounds tab, you will see a place to specify a custom *.wav file.

I hope that helps.

To do this: 1. Open the tag browser 2. Look for the AlarmPriority0, Alarm Priority1, etc. tags. 3. For each of these, right click and select properties. 4. Under the Sounds tab, you will see a place to specify a custom *.wav file. I hope that helps.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks Dave

But That's not quite what I 'm looking for. I already have that done for my lower level alarms.

What I am trying to do is:

Most Priority 1 alarms will use the default sound.
Certain Priority 1 alarms will use a different sound (i.e. WAV file)

If this is possible, I also have some Analog Status tags that I want to do the same thing to.

Thanks Dave But That's not quite what I 'm looking for. I already have that done for my lower level alarms. What I am trying to do is: Most Priority 1 alarms will use the default sound. Certain Priority 1 alarms will use a different sound (i.e. WAV file) If this is possible, I also have some Analog Status tags that I want to do the same thing to.

To change the sound for a specific alarm, rather than an entire alarm priority, you can specify a *.wav file in the Sounds parameter of the Actions tab of the Alarm tag properties.

More on this here: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Alarm-Tag.htm?Highlight=Sound

Note that you will want to put the file into your applications directory (ie: C:\VTScada\NewApplication). Once there, you should also click the import file changes button, for that application, on the VTScada Application Manager window. In version 11, this button looks like two blue arrows. That will ensure the file is retained as a synced part of your application.

On the Analog Status tag, the same Sound parameter can be found under the Alarm tab.

I hope that helps.

To change the sound for a specific alarm, rather than an entire alarm priority, you can specify a *.wav file in the Sounds parameter of the Actions tab of the Alarm tag properties. More on this here: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Alarm-Tag.htm?Highlight=Sound Note that you will want to put the file into your applications directory (ie: C:\VTScada\NewApplication\). Once there, you should also click the import file changes button, for that application, on the VTScada Application Manager window. In version 11, this button looks like two blue arrows. That will ensure the file is retained as a synced part of your application. On the Analog Status tag, the same Sound parameter can be found under the Alarm tab. I hope that helps.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited May 29 '19 at 1:50 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft