General Discussions
SendMail Error [9]: Server doesn't support authentication

We cannot seem to get Alarm notifications to work with Office365. The smpt server is supposed to be smtp.office365.com, I'm told, but when we have this as the SMPT address using port 587 and TLS encryption we get the following error: "SendMail Error [9]: Server doesn't support authentication"

We do get alarm notifications if SMPT settings as follows: Email Server: {company}-com.mail.protection.outlook.com // Port: 25 // Do not use TLS // Email "From" address: scada_alarms@{company}.com

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to get email sending on port 587 using office365 mail?

We cannot seem to get Alarm notifications to work with Office365. The smpt server is supposed to be smtp.office365.com, I'm told, but when we have this as the SMPT address using port 587 and TLS encryption we get the following error: "SendMail Error [9]: Server doesn't support authentication" We do get alarm notifications if SMPT settings as follows: Email Server: {company}-com.mail.protection.outlook.com // Port: 25 // Do not use TLS // Email "From" address: scada_alarms@{company}.com Has anyone else had this problem and know how to get email sending on port 587 using office365 mail?

What version of VTScada are you using? There was a fairly recent update to correct an issue with windows mail client authentication. If possible, I'd suggest you retry this using the latest version of the software.

Download here: https://www.trihedral.com/download-vtscada

What version of VTScada are you using? There was a fairly recent update to correct an issue with windows mail client authentication. If possible, I'd suggest you retry this using the latest version of the software. Download here: https://www.trihedral.com/download-vtscada

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi Dave,

Current version being used is the latest version - 11.3.25

Hi Dave, Current version being used is the latest version - 11.3.25

VTScada supports PLAIN and LOGIN authentication methods. If your Office365 is set for OAUTH2, then we will not be able to authenticate to it. Can you verify what is required by the mail server, please?

VTScada supports PLAIN and LOGIN authentication methods. If your Office365 is set for OAUTH2, then we will not be able to authenticate to it. Can you verify what is required by the mail server, please?

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft