General Discussions
Logger Tags

I have some data points that I need to put in a report, but I only need to show those values every 15 minutes that the process is in a certain step (A pump is running). The report will be ran at the end of the month and will cover the entire month.

I would prefer to have those points logged continuously for trending and so the customer can look back at any time and see what the value was whether the process was running or not.

It sounds like it is frowned upon (or maybe impossible?) to attach a logger tag to a tag that already is being logged. Can this be done? I did it to an analog status tag and other than the warning, it still allows it to be done. I assigned a digital tag to the enable condition. I am not sure if the tag will actually be logged twice though.

Any input?

I have some data points that I need to put in a report, but I only need to show those values every 15 minutes that the process is in a certain step (A pump is running). The report will be ran at the end of the month and will cover the entire month. I would prefer to have those points logged continuously for trending and so the customer can look back at any time and see what the value was whether the process was running or not. It sounds like it is frowned upon (or maybe impossible?) to attach a logger tag to a tag that already is being logged. Can this be done? I did it to an analog status tag and other than the warning, it still allows it to be done. I assigned a digital tag to the enable condition. I am not sure if the tag will actually be logged twice though. Any input?
edited Dec 19 '19 at 8:18 pm

I found that report and added it to my project. It does what it says but I am looking for something a little different.

When the report runs I only want it to show the information if a certain part of the process was running at that time.

I have a couple ideas for how I might be able to accomplish this. My first thought is to have the first tag in the list be a digital tag. Using GetTagHistory I want to record the time when the tags value first changed from a 0 to a 1, and then when the valve went back to 0. I’ll use these start and end times as the StartTime and EndTime parameters for another GetTagHistory function to get the value of the remaining tags every 15 minutes. Then I will start the process all over again, checking for when the first tag went high and then low again.

I sent an email to tech support (I have a valid SupportPlus) earlier today with a question about the GetTagHistory function in reguards to modes 5 and 6 – Time of Minimum and Time of Maximum In Range. Asking if the time recorded is the first occurrence or the last occurrence within the time span specified? I did my own test and it appears if there are multiple times within the time span that have the same value it either randomly selects a time or it uses one in the middle.

My other thought was to send the data to a macro enabled excel spreadsheet and hide rows during times the process was not running.

I found that report and added it to my project. It does what it says but I am looking for something a little different. When the report runs I only want it to show the information if a certain part of the process was running at that time. I have a couple ideas for how I might be able to accomplish this. My first thought is to have the first tag in the list be a digital tag. Using GetTagHistory I want to record the time when the tags value first changed from a 0 to a 1, and then when the valve went back to 0. I’ll use these start and end times as the StartTime and EndTime parameters for another GetTagHistory function to get the value of the remaining tags every 15 minutes. Then I will start the process all over again, checking for when the first tag went high and then low again. I sent an email to tech support (I have a valid SupportPlus) earlier today with a question about the GetTagHistory function in reguards to modes 5 and 6 – Time of Minimum and Time of Maximum In Range. Asking if the time recorded is the first occurrence or the last occurrence within the time span specified? I did my own test and it appears if there are multiple times within the time span that have the same value it either randomly selects a time or it uses one in the middle. My other thought was to send the data to a macro enabled excel spreadsheet and hide rows during times the process was not running.

You can use a tag to enable logging, such as Filter Running to only enable turbidity logging while the filter is running.
Which is a rather common usage.

You can use a tag to enable logging, such as Filter Running to only enable turbidity logging while the filter is running. Which is a rather common usage.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

Thanks. Tech support said about using a calc tag and to use a digital tag to enable logging wkthin the calc tag which is what I am going to try. Then use a quarter hour report to put the data into an excel spreadsheet.

I am working on a contract job that requires everything to be done within vtscada, including reports. I am surprised at how lacking the premade reports are. I was expecting to see some of the more common reports for water and waste water plants already built into vtscada like daily lowest chlorine levels, flow totals per day, etc. I've spent the time to write my own reports and at least now I have them for future projects.

Thanks. Tech support said about using a calc tag and to use a digital tag to enable logging wkthin the calc tag which is what I am going to try. Then use a quarter hour report to put the data into an excel spreadsheet. I am working on a contract job that requires everything to be done within vtscada, including reports. I am surprised at how lacking the premade reports are. I was expecting to see some of the more common reports for water and waste water plants already built into vtscada like daily lowest chlorine levels, flow totals per day, etc. I've spent the time to write my own reports and at least now I have them for future projects.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft