General Discussions
HMI and various client resolutions

Looking for the best way to configure resolutions between 10 pack applications and various client size displays. We have 15" 1024x768 HMIs at our panels, these using the 10 packs so we can filter by panel number. Then we have 27" and 32" monitors in our operator room running the main application on the VIC, and then programmer staff use 24" monitors.

Here is a look at how we have one of the HMIs configured, and we have done something similar with the main scada application to accommodate the operators. Just wondering if there is a better way. Thanks.

5e285923d3c34

Looking for the best way to configure resolutions between 10 pack applications and various client size displays. We have 15" 1024x768 HMIs at our panels, these using the 10 packs so we can filter by panel number. Then we have 27" and 32" monitors in our operator room running the main application on the VIC, and then programmer staff use 24" monitors. Here is a look at how we have one of the HMIs configured, and we have done something similar with the main scada application to accommodate the operators. Just wondering if there is a better way. Thanks. ![5e285923d3c34](serve/attachment&path=5e285923d3c34)

You'll want to view the settings in basic mode and set the following:

If the screen icons are too small, then set the width and height for the initial and minimum size until things render at a scale you are happy with. I hope that helps.

5e2878ebedaa7

You'll want to view the settings in basic mode and set the following: If the screen icons are too small, then set the width and height for the initial and minimum size until things render at a scale you are happy with. I hope that helps. ![5e2878ebedaa7](serve/attachment&path=5e2878ebedaa7)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Jan 22 '20 at 4:33 pm

We have tried this, while it looks good on the 24"/27"/32" monitors, this is what happens on the 15" HMIs:5e289dfc7465c

You can see the numeric entry and navigation button widgets get jumbled.

We have tried this, while it looks good on the 24"/27"/32" monitors, this is what happens on the 15" HMIs:![5e289dfc7465c](serve/attachment&path=5e289dfc7465c) You can see the numeric entry and navigation button widgets get jumbled.

What is the scaling set to for that computer? Can you verify the Display Settings Scale and Layout and also the Text Scaling in Display -> Make Text Bigger

I suspect the smaller display has something scaled in the Windows settings due to the small screen size. Though I could be wrong on this.

What is the scaling set to for that computer? Can you verify the Display Settings Scale and Layout and also the Text Scaling in Display -> Make Text Bigger I suspect the smaller display has something scaled in the Windows settings due to the small screen size. Though I could be wrong on this.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft