Support Forums
Referencing analog status tag alarm setpoints

Hi, I would like to put a numeric entry box somewhere in my application so that the alarm parameters (like low alarm setpoint) can be changed without the user having to go into the tag properties. Is it possible to reference these parameters outside the properties box? for example like how you can reference a tags value by using \Value

If that is not possible then is it possible to create a tag that is not linked to a device driver (PLC)? If it goes towards the tag count that is ok.

Thanks!

Hi, I would like to put a numeric entry box somewhere in my application so that the alarm parameters (like low alarm setpoint) can be changed without the user having to go into the tag properties. Is it possible to reference these parameters outside the properties box? for example like how you can reference a tags value by using \Value If that is not possible then is it possible to create a tag that is not linked to a device driver (PLC)? If it goes towards the tag count that is ok. Thanks!

You can do this with custom script or reference custom application properties (Settings in Advanced View) but truthfully, in the long run, it's probably cheaper and best to use regular tags and store the setpoint values in the PLC.

You can do this with custom script or reference custom application properties (Settings in Advanced View) but truthfully, in the long run, it's probably cheaper and best to use regular tags and store the setpoint values in the PLC.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

In Version 11, the only practical way to do it is with an Analog Control tag as a licensed tag.

You can also use application properties as Dave said but those are not a scalable solution.

In Version 12, you can use an IO tag in Analog mode which with no read address and it does not count as a licensed tag.

In Version 11, the only practical way to do it is with an Analog Control tag as a licensed tag. You can also use application properties as Dave said but those are not a scalable solution. In Version 12, you can use an IO tag in Analog mode which with no read address and it does not count as a licensed tag.

The idea of using an analog tag with no read address should work in Version 11 and 12 but results can be mixed so be sure to test it. In version 11, I don't believe the value will be distributed via RPC traffic. Note that these values won't be stored in changesets so ensure you have the settings documented.

The idea of using an analog tag with no read address should work in Version 11 and 12 but results can be mixed so be sure to test it. In version 11, I don't believe the value will be distributed via RPC traffic. Note that these values won't be stored in changesets so ensure you have the settings documented.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft