Support Forums
VTScada communication outside my LAN

It was not difficult to communicate a Koyo PLC with VTScada by means of Modbus TCP, being both, PLC and VTScada in the same LAN.
However, I have not been able to communicate them when the PLC is connected to a router outside the LAN of VTScada.
I typed a public IP address and the PLC port number when configured the TCP/IP port in the VTScada.
The resulting value of TCP/IP Port is -10,061.
Question is: Is this possible to connect a remote PLC to VTScada that way?

It was not difficult to communicate a Koyo PLC with VTScada by means of Modbus TCP, being both, PLC and VTScada in the same LAN. However, I have not been able to communicate them when the PLC is connected to a router outside the LAN of VTScada. I typed a public IP address and the PLC port number when configured the TCP/IP port in the VTScada. The resulting value of TCP/IP Port is -10,061. Question is: Is this possible to connect a remote PLC to VTScada that way?

I've seen that a few times. All of them I found I did not have a route to the I.P. and/or port of the Click PLC in the field.

Is port 502 mapped in the field router to the static local I.P. of the PLC?

I've seen that a few times. All of them I found I did not have a route to the I.P. and/or port of the Click PLC in the field. Is port 502 mapped in the field router to the static local I.P. of the PLC?

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

edited Feb 19 '20 at 3:35 pm

If the path is resolved correctly, there is no reason I can think of as to why this shouldn't just work. I connect VTScada to PLCs via a VPN on a regular basis.

If the path is resolved correctly, there is no reason I can think of as to why this shouldn't just work. I connect VTScada to PLCs via a VPN on a regular basis.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft