Support Forums
Is it possible to update Custom Report without restarting the application?

Hi, is there a way to update a custom report without having to restart the application?

I've been playing with some custom reports in VTScada.
Currently, adding a new report won't require the application to restart, but adding or removing a report would require the application to start after clicking Import File Change. This becomes quite time consuming if I need to make/test small changes, especially for large application.

Thanks,
Victor

Hi, is there a way to update a custom report without having to restart the application? I've been playing with some custom reports in VTScada. Currently, adding a new report won't require the application to restart, but adding or removing a report would require the application to start after clicking **Import File Change**. This becomes quite time consuming if I need to make/test small changes, especially for large application. Thanks, Victor

The "hack" way I've found around it if you really don't want to restart is importing each change as Module2, Module3, Module4, etc.

Then the next time you can do a restart you can clean out the excess modules.

As well for "testing" certain script code sometimes you can dump it onto a screen in order to run it without a restart. Or, if possible, you can develop it on a separate application.

Having to do this does get extremely frustrating in large distributed applications when you have 10 nodes that need to restart on a small code change, but generally I try to avoid scripting changes for this reason.

The "hack" way I've found around it if you really don't want to restart is importing each change as Module2, Module3, Module4, etc. Then the next time you can do a restart you can clean out the excess modules. As well for "testing" certain script code sometimes you can dump it onto a screen in order to run it without a restart. Or, if possible, you can develop it on a separate application. Having to do this does get extremely frustrating in large distributed applications when you have 10 nodes that need to restart on a small code change, but generally I try to avoid scripting changes for this reason.
edited May 28 '20 at 4:30 pm

Most application updates can be imported without any tricks or a restart by going to the VTScada Application Manager window and clicking the "Import File Changes" button for the application you have updated. Can you confirm that you have already tried this and a restart is required?
5ed7ecafc3458

Most application updates can be imported without any tricks or a restart by going to the VTScada Application Manager window and clicking the "Import File Changes" button for the application you have updated. Can you confirm that you have already tried this and a restart is required? ![5ed7ecafc3458](serve/attachment&path=5ed7ecafc3458)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Dave, yes, I clicked on that Import File Changes button and a pop up shows up asking to restart the application. The changes were made on a .SRC file for the custom report.

Dave, yes, I clicked on that **Import File Changes** button and a pop up shows up asking to restart the application. The changes were made on a .SRC file for the custom report.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft