Support Forums
Delete Part of Type without deleting the Part's existing tags and history

Someone redefined a type with a bunch of tags that didn't actually belong to the Type but were meant only for a particular instance. This went unnoticed for several months.

If possible, I'd like to set the Type back to the way it is supposed to be but cannot lose the history of those tags that were inadvertently added to the Type.

Hope this makes sense. Is there a not-too-complicated way to do this?

Thanks.

Someone redefined a type with a bunch of tags that didn't actually belong to the Type but were meant only for a particular instance. This went unnoticed for several months. If possible, I'd like to set the Type back to the way it is supposed to be but cannot lose the history of those tags that were inadvertently added to the Type. Hope this makes sense. Is there a not-too-complicated way to do this? Thanks.

I don't think there's another way other than querying all the required history from the bad tags, building CSV import files and a tag map and importing the history into the correct tags, then redefining the type. (a move history feature would be highly valuable!)

Maybe there is some GUID magic possible that someone from Trihedral can comment on.

I don't think there's another way other than querying all the required history from the bad tags, building CSV import files and a tag map and importing the history into the correct tags, then redefining the type. (a move history feature would be highly valuable!) Maybe there is some GUID magic possible that someone from Trihedral can comment on.
edited Jul 8 '20 at 3:39 pm

Yeah - That's what I'm afraid of.

Thanks Michael.

Yeah - That's what I'm afraid of. Thanks Michael.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft