General Discussions
Analog input reading as signed when it is unsigned

Hello. New to this software and trying to get an analog input to read correctly. Maybe this has a simple solution and I'm just missing it.

Basically, I'm reading the analog input register of a MODBUS device which uses a 16-bit unsigned register for its 4-20 mA input. You get a value of 0-65535 with this.

If I read this register with VTScada, it works fine until the 16th bit changes from a 0 to a 1. It then starts interpreting the data as having a negative value.

So how do I get VTScada to understand that it is an unsigned value vs. a signed value? Thanks.

Hello. New to this software and trying to get an analog input to read correctly. Maybe this has a simple solution and I'm just missing it. Basically, I'm reading the analog input register of a MODBUS device which uses a 16-bit unsigned register for its 4-20 mA input. You get a value of 0-65535 with this. If I read this register with VTScada, it works fine until the 16th bit changes from a 0 to a 1. It then starts interpreting the data as having a negative value. So how do I get VTScada to understand that it is an unsigned value vs. a signed value? Thanks.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft