Support Forums
VTScada with GE - SRTP driver won't connect

Hi,

I've an opportunity to install a new SCADA system, but prior to quote the job, I wanted to test if it's working.

I've a RX3I CPU331 and I've installed (latest VTScada version 12.02smile on a Windows 2019 server. I add the GE Driver configured has shown in the picture with the default port founded in the help file. I add 1 analog points %R606 which is a level moving in the PLC, but i don't see anything on the SCADA screen.

Everything "Ping" and I enter in the web server of the RX3I, get online with the PLC, but VTScada isn't reading the point.

Is there a diagnostic tool or help to get the communication works ?

60415302d0683
60415302eb72d
604153030e40f

Hi, I've an opportunity to install a new SCADA system, but prior to quote the job, I wanted to test if it's working. I've a RX3I CPU331 and I've installed (latest VTScada version 12.028) on a Windows 2019 server. I add the GE Driver configured has shown in the picture with the default port founded in the help file. I add 1 analog points %R606 which is a level moving in the PLC, but i don't see anything on the SCADA screen. Everything "Ping" and I enter in the web server of the RX3I, get online with the PLC, but VTScada isn't reading the point. Is there a diagnostic tool or help to get the communication works ? ![60415302d0683](serve/attachment&path=60415302d0683) ![60415302eb72d](serve/attachment&path=60415302eb72d) ![604153030e40f](serve/attachment&path=604153030e40f)
edited Mar 5 '21 at 1:52 pm

Hi,

Finally it's not VTScada software.

VTS was on a Windows server 2019 through a VPN connection. I tried directly on my laptop by the same VPN and it's working. I believe there's something in the Windows Server configuration.

Any idea ?

Hi, Finally it's not VTScada software. VTS was on a Windows server 2019 through a VPN connection. I tried directly on my laptop by the same VPN and it's working. I believe there's something in the Windows Server configuration. Any idea ?

Hi,

I've tested the port 18245 with Telnet, no error I don't think the port is blocked. I disable all security features of Windows Server (firewall, virus) can't get it work... I see some error in the event log concerning the VTScada software. Our TI and I have a doubt if it's really supported.

Hi, I've tested the port 18245 with Telnet, no error I don't think the port is blocked. I disable all security features of Windows Server (firewall, virus) can't get it work... I see some error in the event log concerning the VTScada software. Our TI and I have a doubt if it's really supported.

Other strange things... I've drawn the Diagnotisc / Show Comm and Show Stat function with the GE 90 Series Driver and when I click on the button nothing happen, no popup shows. On a non-server windows, popup show with diagnostic information.

There's something not working with VTScada on Windows Server 2019.

Other strange things... I've drawn the Diagnotisc / Show Comm and Show Stat function with the GE 90 Series Driver and when I click on the button nothing happen, no popup shows. On a non-server windows, popup show with diagnostic information. There's something not working with VTScada on Windows Server 2019.

First, remove the TCP tag. The GE driver has TCP built into it so the TCP port tag is not necessary. In fact it may actually be causing a problem if the device won't accept multiple connections from the same IP on the same port.

Check the server list. Is the computer you are working on in the server list for that application, especially as an IO server.

First, remove the TCP tag. The GE driver has TCP built into it so the TCP port tag is not necessary. In fact it may actually be causing a problem if the device won't accept multiple connections from the same IP on the same port. Check the server list. Is the computer you are working on in the server list for that application, especially as an IO server.

Doug Spurrell

I've uninstall VTS 12.0.28 and install VTS11.29 on Windows Server 2019. Communication is working on VTS11.29 this confirm that there's an issue with the 12.0.28 on Windows Server. I hope some update will come out to solve this issue.

I've uninstall VTS 12.0.28 and install VTS11.29 on Windows Server 2019. Communication is working on VTS11.29 this confirm that there's an issue with the 12.0.28 on Windows Server. I hope some update will come out to solve this issue.
edited Mar 5 '21 at 9:13 pm

Yes Dougs. I've didn't detail it, but I've removed the TCP port last night without any success. The server name is in the server list.

Yes Dougs. I've didn't detail it, but I've removed the TCP port last night without any success. The server name is in the server list.

What is the value of the GE driver tag in the one that is not working? Were you testing with the same application in both cases, and were they both on the same computer?

What is the value of the GE driver tag in the one that is not working? Were you testing with the same application in both cases, and were they both on the same computer?

VTScada Technical Support

Hi Jennifer!

I've drawn the driver using the Diagnostic "Comm Msgs Btn" and the "Comm Stats Btn" and nothing was happening when I click on the button...

I've uninstall V12.0.28, install V11.3.29 and the communication was working. I shut down the server since last Sunday because I was developing the application on my laptop.

Today Doug asks me to uninstall version V11 and go back to version 12 to let him verify the trouble. After the V12 installation done, I've tested the communication and everything work... I've noticed that the version is know 12.0.29.

I can't explain it, I've made no change, no windows updates and Doug say the version change isn't about the driver... The only changes I can see is that the first time I've installed V12, it was "as services" and know it's not installed "as services".

The good news is the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer! I've drawn the driver using the Diagnostic "Comm Msgs Btn" and the "Comm Stats Btn" and nothing was happening when I click on the button... I've uninstall V12.0.28, install V11.3.29 and the communication was working. I shut down the server since last Sunday because I was developing the application on my laptop. Today Doug asks me to uninstall version V11 and go back to version 12 to let him verify the trouble. After the V12 installation done, I've tested the communication and everything work... I've noticed that the version is know 12.0.29. I can't explain it, I've made no change, no windows updates and Doug say the version change isn't about the driver... The only changes I can see is that the first time I've installed V12, it was "as services" and know it's not installed "as services". The good news is the issue is resolved. Thanks!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft