General Discussions
Tag Generation from DNP3 XML file

I have my DNP3 protocol XML file that includes Digital inputs, Digital outputs, Analog inputs, Analog outputs, Counters, etc.

I need to parse this data to VTScada and I need that VTscada generates tag accordingly.

How can I read the XML file into VTScada and end results that VTScada automatically generates the tags in Tag browser?

How can I do that?

I have my DNP3 protocol XML file that includes Digital inputs, Digital outputs, Analog inputs, Analog outputs, Counters, etc. I need to parse this data to VTScada and I need that VTscada generates tag accordingly. How can I read the XML file into VTScada and end results that VTScada automatically generates the tags in Tag browser? How can I do that?

Currently, VTScada does not have a built-in XML parser for DNP3. We have importers for some Xylem and Grundfos products that use XML files for configuration details. VTScada also has a built-in tag import for some of Allen Bradley PLCs using CIP (such as the ControlLogix). The address assist feature also works on servers that return values in JSON or XML format and allows the user to browse a structure and select a destination. This type of I/O is common when connecting to things such as a weather service or when reading something like groundwater data from the USGS.

If I understand your question correctly, the easiest thing for you to do here might be to create a script in another software such as Javascript or Python to move the data across to an excel tag list. Of course, if you just have a few hundred tags, you may want to skip the script and just use the tools in excel, or even the tag browser, to create the tags.

Essentially, you can do a tag export in VTScada which will create an Excel spreadsheet where you can add your new tags then sync them back to VTScada once complete.

You can learn more about how to do that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_ExportTags.htm

Currently, VTScada does not have a built-in XML parser for DNP3. We have importers for some Xylem and Grundfos products that use XML files for configuration details. VTScada also has a built-in tag import for some of Allen Bradley PLCs using CIP (such as the ControlLogix). The address assist feature also works on servers that return values in JSON or XML format and allows the user to browse a structure and select a destination. This type of I/O is common when connecting to things such as a weather service or when reading something like groundwater data from the USGS. If I understand your question correctly, the easiest thing for you to do here might be to create a script in another software such as Javascript or Python to move the data across to an excel tag list. Of course, if you just have a few hundred tags, you may want to skip the script and just use the tools in excel, or even the tag browser, to create the tags. Essentially, you can do a tag export in VTScada which will create an Excel spreadsheet where you can add your new tags then sync them back to VTScada once complete. You can learn more about how to do that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_ExportTags.htm

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft