Support Forums
Move Historical Database to different Drive

I am using VtScada-Light and have a few days of data stored.
Everything works great - it is a really nice product.

How can I move the Historical Database to a different larger drive?

Thank you

I am using VtScada-Light and have a few days of data stored. Everything works great - it is a really nice product. How can I move the Historical Database to a different larger drive? Thank you

We are glad that you are enjoying VTScadaLIGHT. Moving the Historian location is pretty simple. You just need to edit the properties of the SystemHistorian tag or move the entire application to your larger drive and re-add it to the VAM.

You can learn more about editing the properties of a Historian Tag here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_Historian.htm

If you Move your Application, you can find the application files in C:\VTScada\ApplicationNameNoSpaces\ by default. Then you can copy that to a new location, delete the application you currently have from the VAM (VTScada Application Manager) and Re-Add The Application from the new location. To do this, click the three bars in the top left Add New Application->Advanced->Find Existing->Browse to the location where the application exists.

We are glad that you are enjoying VTScadaLIGHT. Moving the Historian location is pretty simple. You just need to edit the properties of the SystemHistorian tag or move the entire application to your larger drive and re-add it to the VAM. You can learn more about editing the properties of a Historian Tag here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_Historian.htm If you Move your Application, you can find the application files in C:\VTScada\ApplicationNameNoSpaces\ by default. Then you can copy that to a new location, delete the application you currently have from the VAM (VTScada Application Manager) and Re-Add The Application from the new location. To do this, click the three bars in the top left Add New Application->Advanced->Find Existing->Browse to the location where the application exists.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft