Support Forums
Can you Restrict System Event DB Access?

I created an additional Alarms Page using an Alarm List widget, and it allows me to filter the System Event DB out, but that pesky Alarm Icon at the Title Bar is glowing and offers to take a User straight to the Original Alarms Page where they have access to see all of the System Events.

Any way to stop that on one front or the other?

I have even used SecurityCheck to give Developers visibility of the others features, like sample pages, overview, maps, etc.

Thank you for any help!

VTScada version 12.0.32

I created an additional Alarms Page using an Alarm List widget, and it allows me to filter the System Event DB out, but that pesky Alarm Icon at the Title Bar is glowing and offers to take a User straight to the Original Alarms Page where they have access to see all of the System Events. Any way to stop that on one front or the other? I have even used SecurityCheck to give Developers visibility of the others features, like sample pages, overview, maps, etc. Thank you for any help! VTScada version 12.0.32

You can turn off the Alarm Page Access privilege in the accounts manager.

You can turn off the Alarm Page Access privilege in the accounts manager.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Yeah, I don't want to do that. They need access to the Alarms, just not the Events.

Thx

Yeah, I don't want to do that. They need access to the Alarms, just not the Events. Thx

Understood. This would allow you to make your own alarm button which would appear on each page and take the user to your custom alarm page showing the filtered content.

Understood. This would allow you to make your own alarm button which would appear on each page and take the user to your custom alarm page showing the filtered content.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

And I did that. After I uncheck "Show Alarm Indicators" on Application Configuration / Title Bar Content. I thought it would go away (the Red Bell). But it stays like normal, next to their name on Title bar. At least on the Anywhere clients, it does. But the button did go away on the Server. I can't seem to make them both display the same way, Server and Client.

I would think it should mimic the Server.

And I did that. After I uncheck "Show Alarm Indicators" on Application Configuration / Title Bar Content. I thought it would go away (the Red Bell). But it stays like normal, next to their name on Title bar. At least on the Anywhere clients, it does. But the button did go away on the Server. I can't seem to make them both display the same way, Server and Client. I would think it should mimic the Server.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft