General Discussions
Link line to tag to change color and thickness

I would like to be able to link lines to a tag to be able to change the color and the thickness.

This would reflect the conductor color and size of an electrical conductor on the grid.

This would be especially useful if there would be a change down the road, one parameter change and the drawing is updated.

611adae793ec0

I would like to be able to link lines to a tag to be able to change the color and the thickness. This would reflect the conductor color and size of an electrical conductor on the grid. This would be especially useful if there would be a change down the road, one parameter change and the drawing is updated. ![611adae793ec0](serve/attachment&path=611adae793ec0)

The best way we have found to do this is to keep a set of memory tags (IO - Analog Calculation) that contain the desired colours and link the properties of the widgets we build to them.

Unfortunately, because of the way GUIDs work, this makes exporting widgets between applications an absolute nightmare--all of the linked widget properties will need to be redefined if you import the widget into an application where those tags were separately created.

You could also use Application Properties, but that has other issues.

The best way we have found to do this is to keep a set of memory tags (IO - Analog Calculation) that contain the desired colours and link the properties of the widgets we build to them. Unfortunately, because of the way GUIDs work, this makes exporting widgets between applications an absolute nightmare--all of the linked widget properties will need to be redefined if you import the widget into an application where those tags were separately created. You could also use Application Properties, but that has other issues.

Thanks for the quick response!
I started to do what you suggested and should work well in an OEM layer setting like ours.

I had thought I would like to see this driven from a style tag, but after looking at it more, am not sure that would be a good fit.

I did wonder, is there a way to extract the color code and thickness from the name of the tag?
In this example 75 would be the color code, and 4 would be the thickness of the line.

Tag Name: 69kV_75-4

Many thanks for a great product!

Thanks for the quick response! I started to do what you suggested and should work well in an OEM layer setting like ours. I had thought I would like to see this driven from a style tag, but after looking at it more, am not sure that would be a good fit. I did wonder, is there a way to extract the color code and thickness from the name of the tag? In this example ````75```` would be the color code, and ````4```` would be the thickness of the line. Tag Name: 69kV_75-4 Many thanks for a great product!
edited Nov 16 '21 at 6:24 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft