Support Forums
USB adapter for ethernet cables

I teach a class using the BRX PLC. Now that everyone has to use the USB ethernet adapters, the network connection will drop and is far from consistent. Are there any fixes for this problem?

I teach a class using the BRX PLC. Now that everyone has to use the USB ethernet adapters, the network connection will drop and is far from consistent. Are there any fixes for this problem?

Have you tested the hardware independently from the VTScada connection to verify where you are having an issue? I use a dongle on my business PC which regularly connects to different devices over TCP/IP and I haven't noted any issue with my connections. Note that your class could also use a wireless adaptor and switch to connect the devices. One thing to note is that some PLCs only support a finite number of simultaneous connections (often the default may be one connection).

Let me know if that is helpful.

Have you tested the hardware independently from the VTScada connection to verify where you are having an issue? I use a dongle on my business PC which regularly connects to different devices over TCP/IP and I haven't noted any issue with my connections. Note that your class could also use a wireless adaptor and switch to connect the devices. One thing to note is that some PLCs only support a finite number of simultaneous connections (often the default may be one connection). Let me know if that is helpful.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I have tested the connection with the Ethernet cables, it is just when we use the USB Ethernet adapters that I am having connection issues.

I have tested the connection with the Ethernet cables, it is just when we use the USB Ethernet adapters that I am having connection issues.

VTScada, like all Windows applications does not care what provides the Ethernet connection, that is all handled by the Windows drivers.

At this point I would concentrate on the USB hardware and associated driver in an attempt to eliminate those as suspects.

VTScada, like all Windows applications does not care what provides the Ethernet connection, that is all handled by the Windows drivers. At this point I would concentrate on the USB hardware and associated driver in an attempt to eliminate those as suspects.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft