General Discussions
Automation Direct BRX Controllers

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck using VTScada to connect to the BRX Controllers from Automation Direct. I love the PLCs but I am only successful with MODBUS comms which are limited to specific registers. I create my own User Data Types (UDT's) that are mappable to EIP Locations to which you can use Ethernet Explicit Messaging to. I am very unfamiliar with getting the communications to work as I have tried various drivers but the only one that I can even see being able to work is the CIP/ENIP driver. I am having no luck even getting a connection. The default port is 44818 and I have an EDS file generated by the PLC for address locations and such but VTScada does not support the EDS file import that I can tell. Just wondering, because I would LOVE to stop manually mapping UDT's to Modbus registers and doing double the work to make it work.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck using VTScada to connect to the BRX Controllers from Automation Direct. I love the PLCs but I am only successful with MODBUS comms which are limited to specific registers. I create my own User Data Types (UDT's) that are mappable to EIP Locations to which you can use Ethernet Explicit Messaging to. I am very unfamiliar with getting the communications to work as I have tried various drivers but the only one that I can even see being able to work is the CIP/ENIP driver. I am having no luck even getting a connection. The default port is 44818 and I have an EDS file generated by the PLC for address locations and such but VTScada does not support the EDS file import that I can tell. Just wondering, because I would LOVE to stop manually mapping UDT's to Modbus registers and doing double the work to make it work.

The current CIP driver is AB specific so I don't believe you will be able to make the CIP driver work with your device. Sorry.

The current CIP driver is AB specific so I don't believe you will be able to make the CIP driver work with your device. Sorry.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft