Support Forums
Thin client Login Problems

I have been using Vtscada for some time now on a PC windows 10.

I keep getting password login error...

I setup the port to 83 to make sure I am not clashing with anything..

I am trying to use the MS EDGE browser to access the Vtscada app locally...

http://192.168.1.250:83/all/soilsensor/anywhere

When I run the app soilsensor, I enter the username password which I tried many forms and it can locally log in.

This time around for simplicity I use the username :b and the password b... That logged in into the local app.

"Permit Remote Sign-in using Vtscada Account Credentials is checked.

Enable oAuth 2.0 not checked
Enable Openid Connect not checked.

I get "Sign in failure: unknown user name or bad password."

I have studied it carefully , no clue whats happening

I cannot see anything wrong...

can someone advise what other settings is needed?

I have been using Vtscada for some time now on a PC windows 10. I keep getting password login error... I setup the port to 83 to make sure I am not clashing with anything.. I am trying to use the MS EDGE browser to access the Vtscada app locally... http://192.168.1.250:83/all/soilsensor/anywhere When I run the app soilsensor, I enter the username password which I tried many forms and it can locally log in. This time around for simplicity I use the username :b and the password b... That logged in into the local app. "Permit Remote Sign-in using Vtscada Account Credentials is checked. Enable oAuth 2.0 not checked Enable Openid Connect not checked. I get "Sign in failure: unknown user name or bad password." I have studied it carefully , no clue whats happening I cannot see anything wrong... can someone advise what other settings is needed?
edited Sep 27 '22 at 12:45 pm

Have you manually added 'thin client access to the user permissions for b? It is not enabled for any accounts by default.

Have you manually added 'thin client access to the user permissions for b? It is not enabled for any accounts by default.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi
OK thanks it was not obvious there... had to ADD the Priviledge to the user.

Thanks.

Hi OK thanks it was not obvious there... had to ADD the Priviledge to the user. Thanks.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft