Support Forums
Find and Replace

The “find and replace” button that pops up on the right sidebar in idea studio…

Is there a way to get it to work for regular widgets, groups, or tags that appear in expressions? It seems to only work for tag widgets.

It’s a huge time suck copying and pasting a widget (not tag widget), then replacing each tag manually.

The “find and replace” button that pops up on the right sidebar in idea studio… Is there a way to get it to work for regular widgets, groups, or tags that appear in expressions? It seems to only work for tag widgets. It’s a huge time suck copying and pasting a widget (not tag widget), then replacing each tag manually.

For expressions in tags, it is typically easiest to export the tag lists to excel and use the find-replace tools there.

Note that you can also open page code directly and use find-replace in your text editor.

As for non-tag widgets, what is your use case where you are linking tags to non-tag widgets? I'm sure it makes sense in your case, but can't think of a time I've used non-tag widgets where I had linked tags.

For expressions in tags, it is typically easiest to export the tag lists to excel and use the find-replace tools there. Note that you can also open page code directly and use find-replace in your text editor. As for non-tag widgets, what is your use case where you are linking tags to non-tag widgets? I'm sure it makes sense in your case, but can't think of a time I've used non-tag widgets where I had linked tags.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Specifically it is when certain items need to animate based off the state of more than one tag.
Also, it is "page buttons" which are parameterized.

I may have a page button that loads in 10 tags for a specific pump station. Cannot find and replace for that.

Copy and paste that page button, and then manually edit every parameter to change pump station 1 to pump station 2.

Source code isn't legible:

Scope(\Code, "Library", TRUE)\PageChangeBtn("HOAwithRuntimeStarts", "Description_iyE8AMi", "gbHFCDeO8", Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\=nr)$;;8gi", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\h%26=#$c72", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\y^m&#ec-%g", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\3f{{p$g9.u", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y+86!i(k@^i", TRUE), 2));

Specifically it is when certain items need to animate based off the state of more than one tag. Also, it is "page buttons" which are parameterized. I may have a page button that loads in 10 tags for a specific pump station. Cannot find and replace for that. Copy and paste that page button, and then manually edit every parameter to change pump station 1 to pump station 2. Source code isn't legible: Scope(\Code, "Library", TRUE)\PageChangeBtn("HOAwithRuntimeStarts", "Description_iyE8AMi", "gbHFCDeO8", Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\=nr)$;;8gi", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\h%26=#$c72", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\y^m&#ec-%g", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\3f{{p$g9.u", TRUE), Scope(\VTSDB, "+%.a!&t4$L\e(10x{51av\j@;q0)r;hy\c!fnx2d54y\+86!i(k@^i", TRUE), 2));

This raises the question--why are you finding and replacing tags in a widget instead of building a tag widget? That's the entire purpose of a tag widget.

This raises the question--why are you finding and replacing tags in a widget instead of building a tag widget? That's the entire purpose of a tag widget.

Yes, I think there is an element of education on creating custom widgets and parameterized pages, which we (Trihedral) could better communicate to our customers.

You can check out our free VTScada Academy here to learn a bit more about these topics: https://home.academy.vtscada.com/

Yes, I think there is an element of education on creating custom widgets and parameterized pages, which we (Trihedral) could better communicate to our customers. You can check out our free VTScada Academy here to learn a bit more about these topics: https://home.academy.vtscada.com/

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Specifically it is probably my failure to take full advantage of the parent/child tag structure within the tag list. So instead of passing a single tag to a tag widget, I am passing 10 tags to a regular widget. Then, find/replace doesn't work. Same goes for parameterized screens.
I will keep working on improving how I approach these kinds of situations and my education on the software. Thank you for the link, Dave.

Specifically it is probably my failure to take full advantage of the parent/child tag structure within the tag list. So instead of passing a single tag to a tag widget, I am passing 10 tags to a regular widget. Then, find/replace doesn't work. Same goes for parameterized screens. I will keep working on improving how I approach these kinds of situations and my education on the software. Thank you for the link, Dave.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft