Support Forums
Scaled Data Value

I want to use the values from scaling on a tag - in an expression.

59a7c5257665f.png

<M251_simulator\Modbus_Driver\SensorNivå1\"Scaled Min">] / 20 * 5

or rather something like this:

[*Numeric\"Scaled Min"] / 20 * 5

This is not working. Gives an error.

What am I doing wrong.

I want to use the values from scaling on a tag - in an expression. ![59a7c5257665f.png](serve/attachment&amp;path=59a7c5257665f.png) ```` &lt;M251_simulator\Modbus_Driver\SensorNiv&aring;1\&quot;Scaled Min&quot;&gt;] / 20 * 5 ```` or rather something like this: ```` [*Numeric\&quot;Scaled Min&quot;] / 20 * 5 ```` This is not working. Gives an error. What am I doing wrong.

The format to get properties of a tag is [MyTagName]\PropertyName.

Just using [MyTagName], by default, returns the value property - the equivalent of [MyTagName]\Value.

You would need to do -

[<M251_simulator\Modbus_Driver\SensorNivå1>]\Scaled Min / 20 * 5

[*Numeric]\ScaledMin

Note that not all properties of tags are publicly exposed to be used in an expression.

The format to get properties of a tag is [MyTagName]\PropertyName. Just using [MyTagName], by default, returns the value property - the equivalent of [MyTagName]\Value. You would need to do - ```` [&lt;M251_simulator\Modbus_Driver\SensorNiv&aring;1&gt;]\Scaled Min / 20 * 5 [*Numeric]\ScaledMin ```` Note that not all properties of tags are publicly exposed to be used in an expression.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft