Support Forums
VT Soft Setpoints and Debounce Values getting erased.

Hey guys,

We have a decently large application (80k tags) with lots of Flow Computers. We have Low Flow setpoints and Debounce timers settable by operations and just go the Alarm tab on each Analog Status (FC still uses old style tags).

One issue we've noticed is if you change the parent tag type, or have a hard shutdown due to server issues, all these values get wiped out and get set to no values.

Is there a way we could set something up to retain these soft point values? (they arent live from the RTU or anything just values in VT)

I was thinking maybe a recipe tag but I haven't used it yet to know if it would work. Our other option is to set up values in each RTU for setpoints and denounces but that is a lot of work and we were hoping VT had a way to retain the soft point values.

Thanks!

Hey guys, We have a decently large application (80k tags) with lots of Flow Computers. We have Low Flow setpoints and Debounce timers settable by operations and just go the Alarm tab on each Analog Status (FC still uses old style tags). One issue we've noticed is if you change the parent tag type, or have a hard shutdown due to server issues, all these values get wiped out and get set to no values. Is there a way we could set something up to retain these soft point values? (they arent live from the RTU or anything just values in VT) I was thinking maybe a recipe tag but I haven't used it yet to know if it would work. Our other option is to set up values in each RTU for setpoints and denounces but that is a lot of work and we were hoping VT had a way to retain the soft point values. Thanks!

Have you tried enabling the HOLD option? it keeps the last known data value if connection is lost.

Have you tried enabling the HOLD option? it keeps the last known data value if connection is lost.

Yes thanks, these arent a value polled from any RTU or device. Simply a value operations can set in VT that writes to the Setpoint of an Analog alarm parameter. So there is no driver to set the hold option on.

Yes thanks, these arent a value polled from any RTU or device. Simply a value operations can set in VT that writes to the Setpoint of an Analog alarm parameter. So there is no driver to set the hold option on.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft