Support Forums
trying to find expression to read an application property

I've added a custom property to my application which I'd like a VTScada I/O & calculation tag to know about. It's in the Application Section, named BarHistLenth, & has a numeric value.

Can't find a valid expression for my I/O & calc tag. Figured I better ask 'cause trying to do something that can't be done takes forever.

I've added a custom property to my application which I'd like a VTScada I/O & calculation tag to know about. It's in the Application Section, named BarHistLenth, & has a numeric value. Can't find a valid expression for my I/O & calc tag. Figured I better ask 'cause trying to do something that can't be done takes forever.

To reference your property, simply call it in an expression using the \ prefix. ie:

\BarHistLenth
To reference your property, simply call it in an expression using the \ prefix. ie: ```` \BarHistLenth ````

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Mar 15 '23 at 1:08 pm

I tried the \ prefix but was told my expression is invalid. Perhaps my question was confusing. Please refer to the screengrab below. I'm looking for an expression which will read the value 12345 from my Application's Configuration.

641379740d8ee

I tried the \ prefix but was told my expression is invalid. Perhaps my question was confusing. Please refer to the screengrab below. I'm looking for an expression which will read the value 12345 from my Application's Configuration. ![641379740d8ee](serve/attachment&path=641379740d8ee)
edited Mar 16 '23 at 8:18 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft