Support Forums
Write on two different Addresses at same time when I select a Selector Switch Position

Hi, I'm working in an application for control some devices using a PLC GE RXi3,for that, I' m using a Selector Switch widget and the same tag type. Now, I would like write in two different addresses (%MXXXX and %MYYYY) at the same time when I select and specific selector switch position. I try using this simple expression "%M01542 && %M01543" is accepted like good but go to error when execute the command.

I really appreciate some options

Best regards

Hi, I'm working in an application for control some devices using a PLC GE RXi3,for that, I' m using a Selector Switch widget and the same tag type. Now, I would like write in two different addresses (%MXXXX and %MYYYY) at the same time when I select and specific selector switch position. I try using this simple expression "%M01542 && %M01543" is accepted like good but go to error when execute the command. I really appreciate some options Best regards
edited May 13 '23 at 5:56 pm

You'll want to use a different tag for that and make the tag reference the selector switch tag. If you want that to write based on the selector switch value, you'll want an I/O and Calc tag with only an output address and a ternary expression similar to:

[SelectorSwitchTag] == 3 ? 1 : 0

Note; when making an output only tag, you should also include the data type because VTScada won't know what the data type is in most cases though it will do its best to guess. ie: M1234/Float. You can learn about the data type options by looking up Address Suffix in the help files.

You'll want to use a different tag for that and make the tag reference the selector switch tag. If you want that to write based on the selector switch value, you'll want an I/O and Calc tag with only an output address and a ternary expression similar to: ```` [SelectorSwitchTag] == 3 ? 1 : 0 ```` Note; when making an output only tag, you should also include the data type because VTScada won't know what the data type is in most cases though it will do its best to guess. ie: M1234/Float. You can learn about the data type options by looking up Address Suffix in the help files.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft