General Discussions
Wite a value to a tag on page entry

Hi, is there a way to reset a value of an Analog tag on page entry?
Thanks in advance.

-Ezerhan

Hi, is there a way to reset a value of an Analog tag on page entry? Thanks in advance. -Ezerhan

This tag is mapped to a DropList object on the page, to track the selection.

Looking for a way to set the value of this tag to Zero so that on page entry the DropList shows a blank selection, otherwise it stays on the last selected item.

This tag is mapped to a DropList object on the page, to track the selection. Looking for a way to set the value of this tag to Zero so that on page entry the DropList shows a blank selection, otherwise it stays on the last selected item.

Thanks a lot Dave.

That did it.

On the page script I now have:

Scope(\VTSDB,"GUID of the tag", TRUE)\Set(0);

And when the page opens up, it sets the value of the tag to zero. Success.

Thanks a lot Dave. That did it. On the page script I now have: Scope(\VTSDB,"GUID of the tag", TRUE)\Set(0); And when the page opens up, it sets the value of the tag to zero. Success.

It looks like the set(0) is executed while the page is open, so the tag value always stays as Zero.

Is there a way to get this executed once, when the page is opened only?

It looks like the set(0) is executed while the page is open, so the tag value always stays as Zero. Is there a way to get this executed once, when the page is opened only?

You should put it in the following:

If Watch(1);
  [
    ...; 
  ]

This script will be executed once only, and then the function will be reset to false (i.e. the script will not again execute unless the module, or containing state, is stopped and restarted).

You should put it in the following: ```` If Watch(1); [ ...; ] ```` This script will be executed once only, and then the function will be reset to false (i.e. the script will not again execute unless the module, or containing state, is stopped and restarted).

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I'm glad that you got this figured out. Event driven languages can be a bit weird but are also super efficient.

I'm glad that you got this figured out. Event driven languages can be a bit weird but are also super efficient.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft