Support Forums
Sample Systems

Hello,

I am looking for an example VT-SCADA application. Is there one available for download?

The WeatherApp one I have is apparently quite old and will no longer function in the current release of VT-SCADA.

Any example applications would be appreciated, they do not have to pertain to weather information.

Hello, I am looking for an example VT-SCADA application. Is there one available for download? The WeatherApp one I have is apparently quite old and will no longer function in the current release of VT-SCADA. Any example applications would be appreciated, they do not have to pertain to weather information.

A great place to start is to run through the free VTScada academy to learn the software and create a demo application using a simple data simulator which ships with the product.

VTScada Academy: https://home.academy.vtscada.com/

Once you have the basics down, and if you don't have a PLC or other data to use, I'd suggest you head over to OpenWeatherMap, get yourself a free API key, and use the VTScada JSON/XML driver to build your own weather application.

OpenWeatherMap: https://openweathermap.org/current

I have also found tons of fun, free, JSON api's to query data for fun projects. Below is a fun app I created to track the ISS (http://api.open-notify.org/iss-now.json). It also allows you to place a pin on the map and calculates the distance to the ISS. If the ISS is visible, it is between sunset and sunrise, and the weather forecast is for clear skies, then it sends an SMS message telling me to Look Up!

649c21523dd75

A great place to start is to run through the free VTScada academy to learn the software and create a demo application using a simple data simulator which ships with the product. VTScada Academy: https://home.academy.vtscada.com/ Once you have the basics down, and if you don't have a PLC or other data to use, I'd suggest you head over to OpenWeatherMap, get yourself a free API key, and use the VTScada JSON/XML driver to build your own weather application. OpenWeatherMap: https://openweathermap.org/current I have also found tons of fun, free, JSON api's to query data for fun projects. Below is a fun app I created to track the ISS (http://api.open-notify.org/iss-now.json). It also allows you to place a pin on the map and calculates the distance to the ISS. If the ISS is visible, it is between sunset and sunrise, and the weather forecast is for clear skies, then it sends an SMS message telling me to Look Up! ![649c21523dd75](serve/attachment&path=649c21523dd75)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Dave,

I follow the link to the academy, but the only video is the orientation video. I do not see how to access the other videos mentioned in the orientation video.

Would you be able to provide a download link for the project you mentioned about the ISS?

Dave, I follow the link to the academy, but the only video is the orientation video. I do not see how to access the other videos mentioned in the orientation video. Would you be able to provide a download link for the project you mentioned about the ISS?

At the Academy page, you'll need to sign up for a free account. You can find that link at the top-right-hand part of the page.

Unfortunately, I can't share the demo applications I created but if you check out the Automation Village on the VTScada YouTube channel, you will find a number of interesting VTScada tips and some project ideas there too.

At the Academy page, you'll need to sign up for a free account. You can find that link at the top-right-hand part of the page. Unfortunately, I can't share the demo applications I created but if you check out the Automation Village on the VTScada YouTube channel, you will find a number of interesting VTScada tips and some project ideas there too.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Dave,

I am attempting to go through the academy, but I am not making it far. I get to the "Add Application - Advanced option - Create New (5 min)" lesson in the "O&C 101 Fundamentals" course and when I click finish in either the Quick Add or Advanced menu Create new wizard, I receive an error:

The following faults have been reported by VTScada:
OEM Not Found
Trace Item GUID ef2993f1-7a89-4341-9d1c-769be1d4b4ef
Timestamp Thu Aug 31, 2023, 09:21:38.888 (Eastern Standard Time)
Application New Application 2
Application GUID 03c35482-9906-4c18-b4d0-952d7bdf7d5f
Caller System\LayerModule
User ID Unknown
Layer name New Application 2
Path C:\VTScada\NewApplication2\
OEM GUID 46347dd5-cb24-11d1-a130-0060971477af

The training has not mentioned an OEM layer yet so I don't know what it is referring to. I am using version 12.1.27 of VTScadaLight

Dave, I am attempting to go through the academy, but I am not making it far. I get to the "Add Application - Advanced option - Create New (5 min)" lesson in the "O&C 101 Fundamentals" course and when I click finish in either the Quick Add or Advanced menu Create new wizard, I receive an error: The following faults have been reported by VTScada: OEM Not Found Trace Item GUID ef2993f1-7a89-4341-9d1c-769be1d4b4ef Timestamp Thu Aug 31, 2023, 09:21:38.888 (Eastern Standard Time) Application New Application 2 Application GUID 03c35482-9906-4c18-b4d0-952d7bdf7d5f Caller System\LayerModule User ID Unknown Layer name New Application 2 Path C:\VTScada\NewApplication2\ OEM GUID 46347dd5-cb24-11d1-a130-0060971477af The training has not mentioned an OEM layer yet so I don't know what it is referring to. I am using version 12.1.27 of VTScadaLight

This sounds like a corrupted installation. If you can't even create an application, it's got nothing to do with instructions in the Academy.
Try re-installing VTScada. Don't bother removing the existing version first - that's generally a bad idea.

This sounds like a corrupted installation. If you can't even create an application, it's got nothing to do with instructions in the Academy. Try re-installing VTScada. Don't bother removing the existing version first - that's generally a bad idea.

Andrew,

Doing so now. I was more making sure this OEM layer it is complaining about isn't something that needs to be created and is a part of the install that somehow became corrupt.

Thank you for your response.

Andrew, Doing so now. I was more making sure this OEM layer it is complaining about isn't something that needs to be created and is a part of the install that somehow became corrupt. Thank you for your response.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft