General Discussions
Unacknowledged alarms

Hello! I'd like to setup a digital alarm or status for ANY active alarms that are unacknowledged, and not shelved, that have been active and unacknowledged for 5 minutes or more.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Hello! I'd like to setup a digital alarm or status for ANY active alarms that are unacknowledged, and not shelved, that have been active and unacknowledged for 5 minutes or more. Any direction would be appreciated!

My solution to this will be the topic of our next Automation Village episode which you can check out here on July 6: https://youtu.be/8LKAKjEFWds

My solution to this will be the topic of our next Automation Village episode which you can check out here on July 6: https://youtu.be/8LKAKjEFWds

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

@ArghDave thank you for that answer! Very helpful and got me what I needed. Now to add on to that, question. Is there a way to run a report on historical alarms that were unacknowledged for more than 5 minutes?

@ArghDave thank you for that answer! Very helpful and got me what I needed. Now to add on to that, question. Is there a way to run a report on historical alarms that were unacknowledged for more than 5 minutes?

To the best of my knowledge, you'd have to export the alarms and events data and then do some post processing on the times though I am not actually sure you will have all the info you need.

As a note, you can do this ad hoc by creating a filtered list of the alarm events you want to look at and then use CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy and paste those events into excel or similar. This should get you started, once you have that, I believe that you can use ODBC or REST to create queries for the alarm events and process the timestamps from there.... Though no promises as I haven't actually done this.

To the best of my knowledge, you'd have to export the alarms and events data and then do some post processing on the times though I am not actually sure you will have all the info you need. As a note, you can do this ad hoc by creating a filtered list of the alarm events you want to look at and then use CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy and paste those events into excel or similar. This should get you started, once you have that, I believe that you can use ODBC or REST to create queries for the alarm events and process the timestamps from there.... Though no promises as I haven't actually done this.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft