Support Forums
Siemens S7-1200 address

Any advise on address tags for a s7-1200 example
Tank level located at DB45.4 its a real (float) address and a Boolean address of say DB45.DBX1.4 I have tried multiple ways but I keep getting a 256 error saying bad address. Maybe an integer to like DB6.INT46. I read the help file and tried the 3 differnt ways but kept saying wrong 256

Any advise on address tags for a s7-1200 example Tank level located at DB45.4 its a real (float) address and a Boolean address of say DB45.DBX1.4 I have tried multiple ways but I keep getting a 256 error saying bad address. Maybe an integer to like DB6.INT46. I read the help file and tried the 3 differnt ways but kept saying wrong 256

I don't have much experience with the S7-1200 but have you tried adding data suffixes to the addresses?

See: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

Suffix    Meaning
/ABFloat    Allen-Bradley PLC/3 Floating Point (4 bytes) (Used for Allen-Bradley exclusively)
/AB5Float    Allen-Bradley PLC/5 Floating Point (4 bytes) (Used for Allen-Bradley exclusively)
/BCD2    2-digit (1 byte) Binary Coded Decimal
/BCD3    3-digit (2 bytes - lowest 12 bits) Binary Coded Decimal
/BCD4    4-digit (2 bytes) Binary Coded Decimal
/BCD8    8-digit (4 bytes) Binary Coded Decimal
        *Note: while any driver may use this suffix to read data, only the Modbus Compatibly can use it to write data.
/Bit    Attempts to convert the value to a single bit. The bit number used is always 0. (ex: 40001/Bit)
/Double    IEEE Double Precision Floating Point (8 bytes)
/Float    IEEE Single Precision Floating Point (4 bytes)
/SByte    Signed Byte
/SDWord    Signed 32-bit Integer
/SWord    Signed 16-bit Integer
/UByte    Unsigned Byte
/UDWord    Unsigned 32-bit Integer
/UWord    Unsigned 16-bit Integer
I don't have much experience with the S7-1200 but have you tried adding data suffixes to the addresses? See: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm ```` Suffix Meaning /ABFloat Allen-Bradley PLC/3 Floating Point (4 bytes) (Used for Allen-Bradley exclusively) /AB5Float Allen-Bradley PLC/5 Floating Point (4 bytes) (Used for Allen-Bradley exclusively) /BCD2 2-digit (1 byte) Binary Coded Decimal /BCD3 3-digit (2 bytes - lowest 12 bits) Binary Coded Decimal /BCD4 4-digit (2 bytes) Binary Coded Decimal /BCD8 8-digit (4 bytes) Binary Coded Decimal *Note: while any driver may use this suffix to read data, only the Modbus Compatibly can use it to write data. /Bit Attempts to convert the value to a single bit. The bit number used is always 0. (ex: 40001/Bit) /Double IEEE Double Precision Floating Point (8 bytes) /Float IEEE Single Precision Floating Point (4 bytes) /SByte Signed Byte /SDWord Signed 32-bit Integer /SWord Signed 16-bit Integer /UByte Unsigned Byte /UDWord Unsigned 32-bit Integer /UWord Unsigned 16-bit Integer ````

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Sep 19 '17 at 5:53 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft