Support Forums
Numeric Data Entry not working

Currently trying to create a calculation popup for CO2 Usage. I want the popup to show the current CO2 calc tag value along with a numeric entry where a variable tag within the calculation can be changed. It's currently greyed out, so it won't let me enter a value which I assume is because i have it linked to the variable tag that i need to edit. I have tried changing the tag type many times and still no luck (analog mem, analog input calc, etc.)
Not sure why this is so difficult, Can someone please explain what i'm doing wrong?

64d3b5589cbd5

Currently trying to create a calculation popup for CO2 Usage. I want the popup to show the current CO2 calc tag value along with a numeric entry where a variable tag within the calculation can be changed. It's currently greyed out, so it won't let me enter a value which I assume is because i have it linked to the variable tag that i need to edit. I have tried changing the tag type many times and still no luck (analog mem, analog input calc, etc.) Not sure why this is so difficult, Can someone please explain what i'm doing wrong? ![64d3b5589cbd5](serve/attachment&path=64d3b5589cbd5)

Hi - not sure on the face of it, however its a good idea to start with the help files:
https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/Dev_NumericEntryWidget.htm
https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_IOCalc.htm?tocpath=Reference%7CTag%20Reference%7CInput%20Tags%7C_____2

I would make sure your variable tag is an "I/O and Calculations Tag" configured to a analog (not a calulation) and that you have used the "Numeric Entry Widget".

Do you have any security setup that blocks the user from editing this value?

Hi - not sure on the face of it, however its a good idea to start with the help files: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/Dev_NumericEntryWidget.htm https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_IOCalc.htm?tocpath=Reference%7CTag%20Reference%7CInput%20Tags%7C_____2 I would make sure your variable tag is an "I/O and Calculations Tag" configured to a analog (not a calulation) and that you have used the "Numeric Entry Widget". Do you have any security setup that blocks the user from editing this value?

You need to make two tags, both are I/O and Calc tags. One is an analog tag which will be your variable. Ideally, you should hold this value in your PLC but you can hold it in Memory in VTScada easy enough.

The second is an analog calculaton which does the math. Use the expression editor to link this calculation to your other tag. It looks like you are most of the way there but don't currently have the variable setup to write a value.

If you have few of these and want the value to be retained with shared changesets, you can always make it an application property rather than a tag.

Does that make sense?

You need to make two tags, both are I/O and Calc tags. One is an analog tag which will be your variable. Ideally, you should hold this value in your PLC but you can hold it in Memory in VTScada easy enough. The second is an analog calculaton which does the math. Use the expression editor to link this calculation to your other tag. It looks like you are most of the way there but don't currently have the variable setup to write a value. If you have few of these and want the value to be retained with shared changesets, you can always make it an application property rather than a tag. Does that make sense?

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Dave,

I actually had it all initially set up as you mentioned, but im having trouble making the numeric entry "editable" it only displays my variable value and doesnt let me change it. How do i set it up to write a value? Im pretty new to vtscada, I miss using ignition smile

Dave, I actually had it all initially set up as you mentioned, but im having trouble making the numeric entry "editable" it only displays my variable value and doesnt let me change it. How do i set it up to write a value? Im pretty new to vtscada, I miss using ignition :P
edited Aug 21 '23 at 5:59 pm

If you have user accounts, check to ensure the logged in user has the data write privilege.

If you have user accounts, check to ensure the logged in user has the data write privilege.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft