Support Forums
Most efficient way to change priority of alarm on trigger

Hello.
I have an alarm tag that should only cause notifications between 8am-8pm. In other words, be priority 1 during the day, and 3 at night. If the alarm occurs at night, it should notify at 8am.

I duplicated the alarm tag, so that there is a "daytime" (1) alarm and a "nighttime" (3) alarm.
I'm using a trigger tag to disable one or the other based on the trigger.
I have to uncheck this "optimize" box which I'm told is inefficient.
Is this the most efficient way to do this?Thanks.

64e8bd2cbf1d9

Hello. I have an alarm tag that should only cause notifications between 8am-8pm. In other words, be priority 1 during the day, and 3 at night. If the alarm occurs at night, it should notify at 8am. I duplicated the alarm tag, so that there is a "daytime" (1) alarm and a "nighttime" (3) alarm. I'm using a trigger tag to disable one or the other based on the trigger. I have to uncheck this "optimize" box which I'm told is inefficient. Is this the most efficient way to do this?Thanks. ![64e8bd2cbf1d9](serve/attachment&path=64e8bd2cbf1d9)

You have made a good approach to solving this. You'll never notice any inefficiency here. It will cause the two alarm tags to restart themselves (CPU load) each time the alarm property changes but will have negligible effect. If you had a top level tag with 10,000 children and were restarting that tag every few seconds, you'd notice it.

You have made a good approach to solving this. You'll never notice any inefficiency here. It will cause the two alarm tags to restart themselves (CPU load) each time the alarm property changes but will have negligible effect. If you had a top level tag with 10,000 children and were restarting that tag every few seconds, you'd notice it.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft