Support Forums
HTTP server error Unknown Error -10013

When I attempt to add my Application to my Realm from the Thin Client/Server Setup, I receive the error "HTTP server error Unknown Error -10013" when I click Apply.

What is the cause of this error?

I am using VTScadaLight version 12.1.27

When I attempt to add my Application to my Realm from the Thin Client/Server Setup, I receive the error "HTTP server error Unknown Error -10013" when I click Apply. What is the cause of this error? I am using VTScadaLight version 12.1.27
edited Aug 28 '23 at 3:25 pm

I have not heard anything on this error for months. So, I have reposted as a new question.

I have not heard anything on this error for months. So, I have reposted as a new question.

Error 10013 is a fatal error that occurs when the client and server cannot agree on a mutual cipher to use to establish a secure connection.

If you do a web search for https error 10013 you should be able to get started on diagnosing the issue.

You may also want to start by checking the servers windows firewall settings to ensure that you are allowing traffic on the desired port(s).

Error 10013 is a fatal error that occurs when the client and server cannot agree on a mutual cipher to use to establish a secure connection. If you do a web search for https error 10013 you should be able to get started on diagnosing the issue. You may also want to start by checking the servers windows firewall settings to ensure that you are allowing traffic on the desired port(s).

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Nov 29 '23 at 7:51 pm

The machine is not connected to the internet. The client and the server are the same machine. I am just attempting to add a brand new completely blank application to the newly created VTSCADA Realm. My firewall is completely disabled. What else could cause this error in VTSCADA?

The machine is not connected to the internet. The client and the server are the same machine. I am just attempting to add a brand new completely blank application to the newly created VTSCADA Realm. My firewall is completely disabled. What else could cause this error in VTSCADA?

This is also the error you will get if something else is using port 80. more than likely Internet Information Services. Open a command prompt and so a netstat -ao. Check the PID of what is listening on port 80. My guess is it is probably 4 which would be the Windows system and IIS.

This is also the error you will get if something else is using port 80. more than likely Internet Information Services. Open a command prompt and so a netstat -ao. Check the PID of what is listening on port 80. My guess is it is probably 4 which would be the Windows system and IIS.

Doug Spurrell

Dougs,

That was exactly my problem all this time. Thank you so much!

Cheers!

Dougs, That was exactly my problem all this time. Thank you so much! Cheers!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft