General Discussions
Report Tag - File Naming

Hi,

I am trying to use a report tag to create a standard report on a 24 hour basis, running the previous 12 hours of tag data into a csv file. I can get that to work.

But I want to further automate the process and I need VTSCADA to format the report in a certain way, so every day I want the current date formatted as DD-MM-YY followed by "raw".

I can get the report to output but it has its own name and format, how can I change this?

Thanks
Scott

Hi, I am trying to use a report tag to create a standard report on a 24 hour basis, running the previous 12 hours of tag data into a csv file. I can get that to work. But I want to further automate the process and I need VTSCADA to format the report in a certain way, so every day I want the current date formatted as DD-MM-YY followed by "raw". I can get the report to output but it has its own name and format, how can I change this? Thanks Scott

Suggestion that might help. I had a similar situation. I ended up having VTScada dump its csv reports into a folder in its default way. I then used windows task scheduler to trigger a batch file I wrote, once a day. The batch file manipulates the csv files, combining them, renaming them, and placing them in another directory.

Suggestion that might help. I had a similar situation. I ended up having VTScada dump its csv reports into a folder in its default way. I then used windows task scheduler to trigger a batch file I wrote, once a day. The batch file manipulates the csv files, combining them, renaming them, and placing them in another directory.

This typically requires an excel template but can likely also be done using the scheduler and Microsoft's Power Automate.

This typically requires an excel template but can likely also be done using the scheduler and Microsoft's Power Automate.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks for the replies, I've ended up just using the standard formatting than excel VBA to automate the collation of data into a formatted excel which is opened and ran by task scheduler.

Thanks for the replies, I've ended up just using the standard formatting than excel VBA to automate the collation of data into a formatted excel which is opened and ran by task scheduler.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft