Support Forums
does adding NoSpalsh to Setup.ini actually work

I read I can turn off the splash screen & I'd like to do that.

https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/p_Properties/NoSplash.htm?Highlight=NoSplash

Adding NoSplash = 1 did nothing. Neither did adding NoSplash on it's own without the = 1. Can someone whose done this confirm that it actually works? I don't want to bang my head against the wall trying to use something that's broken.

I read I can turn off the splash screen & I'd like to do that. https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/p_Properties/NoSplash.htm?Highlight=NoSplash Adding NoSplash = 1 did nothing. Neither did adding NoSplash on it's own without the = 1. Can someone whose done this confirm that it actually works? I don't want to bang my head against the wall trying to use something that's broken.

I just tried this as well, and the NoSplash = 1 wasn't adhered to.

However, if you go into the "Application Configuration" of any application listed in the VAM, select "Edit Properties" --> Other (while in Basic Mode), there is a check box to "Don't show splash screen at startup". This will write the same line into the Setup.ini file you are looking for.

While this is successful at removing the splash screen, I have been unable to get it back after unchecking the box or changing the NoSplash = 0. I might have lost it forever. We'll see if I can get it back again.

I just tried this as well, and the NoSplash = 1 wasn't adhered to. However, if you go into the "Application Configuration" of any application listed in the VAM, select "Edit Properties" --> Other (while in Basic Mode), there is a check box to "Don't show splash screen at startup". This will write the same line into the Setup.ini file you are looking for. While this is successful at removing the splash screen, I have been unable to get it back after unchecking the box or changing the NoSplash = 0. I might have lost it forever. We'll see if I can get it back again.

Thanks Kurtis. Hope you're able to get it back if that's what you want.

I just noticed that when I click on the Splash screen it disappears which is really all I needed. I just want to use my PC for other stuff while I wait for VTScada to start & load its VAM.

Thanks Kurtis. Hope you're able to get it back if that's what you want. I just noticed that when I click on the Splash screen it disappears which is really all I needed. I just want to use my PC for other stuff while I wait for VTScada to start & load its VAM.

If I never see it again I won't be particularly upset. No worries. It was a worthwhile test.

If I never see it again I won't be particularly upset. No worries. It was a worthwhile test.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft