Support Forums
Analog Summary Reports

I'm trying to use an Analog Summary report as an easy way to generate spreadsheets with min/max/avg/total measured hourly flow quantities for a user defined period. The analog summary report is tied to a tag that is written to once per hour with the calculated flow total for that hour.

The average/min/max values are correct and have been verified by comparing them to the "Raw Data" in the HDV. However the total values are way out, and I can't seem to figure out how VTScada is calculating them. Based on what I've read in the report type descriptions, the total in an Analog Summary report should just be the sum of all recorded values in the reports' defined period. Obviously, in my case, there is some other influencing calculation/factor. Any help with what it could be would be appreciated.

I'm trying to use an Analog Summary report as an easy way to generate spreadsheets with min/max/avg/total measured hourly flow quantities for a user defined period. The analog summary report is tied to a tag that is written to once per hour with the calculated flow total for that hour. The average/min/max values are correct and have been verified by comparing them to the "Raw Data" in the HDV. However the total values are way out, and I can't seem to figure out how VTScada is calculating them. Based on what I've read in the report type descriptions, the total in an Analog Summary report should just be the sum of all recorded values in the reports' defined period. Obviously, in my case, there is some other influencing calculation/factor. Any help with what it could be would be appreciated.

I just gave this a try. The totals I got for a 1 hr Analog Summary Report directly correspond to adding up the values at 1 minute intervals.
What is a bit weird about this is that I'm only polling every 10 minutes.

Regardless, here are the values I have from a stagnant value in my test:

Average: 4.4
Min: 4.4
Max: 4.4
Total: 264

As you can see, 4.4 x 60 minutes = 264

I'm not sure how to affect the total from this information, but I hope it gives you some insight into how the Analog Summary is giving you unexpected values. Maybe get a trend of one value of hourly flows, copy/export out the values and throw it in a spreadsheet. It may show you totals that will then relate to what your report is giving you.

I just gave this a try. The totals I got for a 1 hr Analog Summary Report directly correspond to adding up the values at 1 minute intervals. What is a bit weird about this is that I'm only polling every 10 minutes. Regardless, here are the values I have from a stagnant value in my test: Average: 4.4 Min: 4.4 Max: 4.4 Total: 264 As you can see, 4.4 x 60 minutes = 264 I'm not sure how to affect the total from this information, but I hope it gives you some insight into how the Analog Summary is giving you unexpected values. Maybe get a trend of one value of hourly flows, copy/export out the values and throw it in a spreadsheet. It may show you totals that will then relate to what your report is giving you.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft