Support Forums
Roster Alarm Feedback - ACK

Hello.

I can't figure out how my scenario is special, but I cannot find any settings for this.

I have a Roster with 10 persons.

First person - gets alarm, does not Ack.
Second person - gets alarm, does not Ack.
Third person - gets alarm, ACK's by email - get's confirmation on ACK

Second person wakes up - ACK's the alarm, does not get an answer.

Shouldn't one get a confirmation that someone else has acked, if you ACK yourself?

And shouldn't everyone who's got the alarm, get a message saying someone else has ACK'ed?

Worst case, they think something is wrong and suddenly I have three guys on site.

Hello. I can't figure out how my scenario is special, but I cannot find any settings for this. I have a Roster with 10 persons. First person - gets alarm, does not Ack. Second person - gets alarm, does not Ack. Third person - gets alarm, ACK's by email - get's confirmation on ACK Second person wakes up - ACK's the alarm, does not get an answer. Shouldn't one get a confirmation that someone else has acked, if you ACK yourself? And shouldn't everyone who's got the alarm, get a message saying someone else has ACK'ed? Worst case, they think something is wrong and suddenly I have three guys on site.
edited Oct 6 '17 at 3:31 pm

Second person wakes up - ACK's the alarm, does not get an answer.

OK, this works - the problem was that

AlarmCheckMailFastPoll: 60 s
AlarmCheckMail: 600 s

When there is an active alarm, AlarmCheckMailFastPoll is running. But when Third Person ACK's the alarm, VTScada switches to AlarmCheckMail.

I will try to have them both at 60 s.

But it still leaves my other question:

Shouldn't everyone who's got the alarm, get a message saying someone else has ACK'ed?

>Second person wakes up - ACK's the alarm, does not get an answer. OK, this works - the problem was that AlarmCheckMailFastPoll: 60 s AlarmCheckMail: 600 s When there is an active alarm, AlarmCheckMailFastPoll is running. But when Third Person ACK's the alarm, VTScada switches to AlarmCheckMail. I will try to have them both at 60 s. But it still leaves my other question: Shouldn't everyone who's got the alarm, get a message saying someone else has ACK'ed?

From one of our programmers: "If you have DialOnClear set, each individual should get an email indicating that the alarm has cleared (not the same as being acknowledged)."

From one of our programmers: "_If you have DialOnClear set, each individual should get an email indicating that the alarm has cleared (not the same as being acknowledged)._"

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

This I have - and it works fine.
But I would like also a message that someone has ACK'ed it. Feature request. I cannot believe I am the first on in this alarm scenario.

This I have - and it works fine. But I would like also a message that someone has ACK'ed it. Feature request. I cannot believe I am the first on in this alarm scenario.
edited Oct 7 '17 at 2:31 pm

The feature request does not mean that you are the first to request the feature, but submitting a request for each instance helps our development team do a better job of prioritizing new features to add to the product.

As another note, changing the AlarmCheckMail setting should not have changed the way your dialer functions when it is triggered. The setting is typically used to simply clear the mail server inbox. Even running it every 600 s is probably excessive however it does not use much of the server resources so why not.

The feature request does not mean that you are the first to request the feature, but submitting a request for each instance helps our development team do a better job of prioritizing new features to add to the product. As another note, changing the AlarmCheckMail setting should not have changed the way your dialer functions when it is triggered. The setting is typically used to simply clear the mail server inbox. Even running it every 600 s is probably excessive however it does not use much of the server resources so why not.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks for clarification. Have you requested the feature now, or is there a page I should submit my request to?

Thanks for clarification. Have you requested the feature now, or is there a page I should submit my request to?
edited Oct 11 '17 at 1:34 pm

Hi Karstein,

The Feature Request has been added to our queue. Someone will let you know when the request has been triaged.

Hi Karstein, The Feature Request has been added to our queue. Someone will let you know when the request has been triaged.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft