Support Forums
limitations of exporting/importing widgets

I have a number of widgets which need to reuse in another application.

These widgets contain text objects which are lost somewhere during the import/export process. If it matters, some of those text objects display linked tag properties & others display the results of expressions.

Is this a bug that's still being worked on or is this normal documented behaviour which is causing me issues because I'm ignoring the limits of our export/import features?

I have a number of widgets which need to reuse in another application. These widgets contain text objects which are lost somewhere during the import/export process. If it matters, some of those text objects display linked tag properties & others display the results of expressions. Is this a bug that's still being worked on or is this normal documented behaviour which is causing me issues because I'm ignoring the limits of our export/import features?

Answer is normal documented behaviour which could be better documented.

The text I lost during the export/import was using font tags & the help does say that "Tags and tag definitions are never included with widgets". (https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/D_ImportWidgets.htm?Highlight=import)

A section specifically mentioning font tags, along with a link somewhere else in the help about how to import/export those in such a way that the imported fonts are usable would be helpful. After importing the fonts through Excel I'm left to edit my widget's source code replacing "4-d#;.u&v." with "60d-b@1!&d".

Answer is normal documented behaviour which could be better documented. The text I lost during the export/import was using font tags & the help does say that "Tags and tag definitions are never included with widgets". (https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/D_ImportWidgets.htm?Highlight=import) A section specifically mentioning font tags, along with a link somewhere else in the help about how to import/export those in such a way that the imported fonts are usable would be helpful. After importing the fonts through Excel I'm left to edit my widget's source code replacing "4-d#;.u&v." with "60d-b@1!&d".
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft