Support Forums
Problems with export/import of tags

Hello.

I have been having some problems with import/export of tags.

Latest problem:

59e0a970784d8.png'

Window is stuck here. Constantly processing. But I can see the changes is done in the running VTScada. Impossible to close the window, I must kill it with Task Manager.

Earlier problems:
Stuck at Exporting, never gets finished.

59e0a9d25d9a9.png

If I check Task Manager, I can find 1-5 instances of Excel. But none is showing as a running program.

59e0aa2315956.png

Not sure if this is a general fault, or just on my pc.

Crash dump :
https://pastebin.com/Gsaui24c

Hello. I have been having some problems with import/export of tags. Latest problem: ![59e0a970784d8.png](serve/attachment&path=59e0a970784d8.png)' Window is stuck here. Constantly processing. But I can see the changes is done in the running VTScada. Impossible to close the window, I must kill it with Task Manager. Earlier problems: Stuck at Exporting, never gets finished. ![59e0a9d25d9a9.png](serve/attachment&path=59e0a9d25d9a9.png) If I check Task Manager, I can find 1-5 instances of Excel. But none is showing as a running program. ![59e0aa2315956.png](serve/attachment&path=59e0aa2315956.png) Not sure if this is a general fault, or just on my pc. Crash dump : https://pastebin.com/Gsaui24c

Karstein,

Please confirm your VTScada version, and how many tags are in your application?

This works for me, I used the following settings:

• Output type: Excel file
  • Clean up options: Update
  • Open file after export: Unchecked

An Excel process is started and then it terminates. The output file is as expected.

My test app only has a few tags additional to the standard ones.

I'll have a look at the crash dump.

Karstein, Please confirm your VTScada version, and how many tags are in your application? This works for me, I used the following settings: - Output type: Excel file - Clean up options: Update - Open file after export: Unchecked An Excel process is started and then it terminates. The output file is as expected. My test app only has a few tags additional to the standard ones. I'll have a look at the crash dump.

Software Developer with Trihedral

That's doesn't appear to be a crash dump, mainly just the XML header for one.

To generate a crash dump that can be analysed do the following:

1. Get VTScada into the "hung" state.
  2. Open Task Manager and select the VTS Engine application.
  3. Right click the entry and choose "Create Dump File". Note the dump file location.
  4. Open Explorer, navigate to the dump file location (usually "%TEMP%", find the file (usually VTS.DMP).
  5. Right click the file and select "Send to" | "Compressed (zipped) folder".
  6. Upload the zip file to ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/incoming, renaming it to something specific to yourself or company.
  7. Let Trihedral Support know about the issue and the file you've uploaded.
That's doesn't appear to be a crash dump, mainly just the XML header for one. To generate a crash dump that can be analysed do the following: 1. Get VTScada into the "hung" state. 1. Open Task Manager and select the VTS Engine application. 1. Right click the entry and choose "Create Dump File". Note the dump file location. 1. Open Explorer, navigate to the dump file location (usually "%TEMP%", find the file (usually VTS.DMP). 1. Right click the file and select "Send to" | "Compressed (zipped) folder". 1. Upload the zip file to ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/incoming, renaming it to something specific to yourself or company. 1. Let Trihedral Support know about the issue and the file you've uploaded.

Software Developer with Trihedral

The problems seems to arise when I write/synch to the same file every time. I have tried making a new filename each time now, and I have so far not had a problem. Usually I had it several times a day.

The problems seems to arise when I write/synch to the same file every time. I have tried making a new filename each time now, and I have so far not had a problem. Usually I had it several times a day.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft