General Discussions
Long analog tag value in excel report cuts down digits

Hello,

I wrote a calculation(analog) tag to show datetime and that value will export to excel but excel is cutting the last 3 digits.

I used the following expression, and it gives the value 202310282319 which i need to process in excel but that's fine.

CONCAT(Date(Today(), "yyyyMMdd"), "", Time(Now(1), "HHmm"))
  • Giving hyphens between dates don't work for analog tags. I cannot change to string types because I am generating "analog summary report" and all other tags are analog tags.

653d39f8807ec

For the tag Date_Time_Gas_Run_Start, using yMMddHHmm instead of 4y gives 23 for year 2023 but even so the minute is still not showing fully. Then I put decimals in tag property just because.

My question is why this is not working. And do i have to use 2 tags? 1 for date and another for time?!
UTC

Hello, I wrote a calculation(analog) tag to show datetime and that value will export to excel but excel is cutting the last 3 digits. I used the following expression, and it gives the value **20231028**2319 which i need to process in excel but that's fine. ```` CONCAT(Date(Today(), "yyyyMMdd"), "", Time(Now(1), "HHmm")) ```` - Giving hyphens between dates don't work for analog tags. I cannot change to string types because I am generating "analog summary report" and all other tags are analog tags. ![653d39f8807ec](serve/attachment&path=653d39f8807ec) For the tag _Date_Time_Gas_Run_Start,_ using yMMddHHmm instead of 4y gives 23 for year 2023 but even so the minute is still not showing fully. Then I put decimals in tag property just because. My question is why this is not working. And do i have to use 2 tags? 1 for date and another for time?! UTC

Does the same for me too... seems to work if I keep them seperate tags, i.e. one for time and another for date, if you can work with that. Hopefully someone will pick this up from Trihedral and explain...

Does the same for me too... seems to work if I keep them seperate tags, i.e. one for time and another for date, if you can work with that. Hopefully someone will pick this up from Trihedral and explain...

The number of digits in the output is dependent on the type of report used.
The Analog Summary Report has the Min, Max, and Avg values limited to 9 digits.
Other report types have higher limits and should be adequate for this purpose.
The HDV Export Wizard will also provide enough significant digits for this purpose.

The number of digits in the output is dependent on the type of report used. The Analog Summary Report has the Min, Max, and Avg values limited to 9 digits. Other report types have higher limits and should be adequate for this purpose. The HDV Export Wizard will also provide enough significant digits for this purpose.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft