Support Forums
Problem working with Text data Type containing date value (converting), if date format is not consistent.

What I am doing:
65ac93e4181c2

Cast(
Concat(
SubStr( [Prod_End], 0, 4), {2024}
SubStr( [Prod_End], 5, 1), {1}
SubStr( [Prod_End], 7, 2), {20}
),2)

This will output 2024120 to a analog calc tag, that i will use in reporting. (I need analog type because other tags are also analog; but thats not the point)
Problem:
You can see the picture that the formatting is not foolproof. This calculation will not work when days and hours are 2 digits.
My Question:
Does VT has this funcionality where I can:
convert this text type value of "2024-1-1 9-20:27:5" to a date type variable, so i can just do concat(year,month,day, hour, min)!
Similar to VBA which has CDate function to convert a text string to a date.

Otherwise, the above codeblock won't work unless the tag's PLC configuration changes to formatting(HH:mm:ss), it is what i am doing right now.

TIA

**What I am doing: **![65ac93e4181c2](serve/attachment&path=65ac93e4181c2) ```` Cast( Concat( SubStr( [Prod_End], 0, 4), {2024} SubStr( [Prod_End], 5, 1), {1} SubStr( [Prod_End], 7, 2), {20} ),2) ```` This will output 2024**1**20 to a analog calc tag, that i will use in reporting. (I need analog type because other tags are also analog; but thats not the point) **Problem:** You can see the picture that the formatting is not foolproof. This calculation will not work when days and hours are 2 digits. **My Question:** Does VT has this funcionality where I can: convert this text type value of "2024-1-1 9-20:27:5" to a date type variable, so i can just do concat(year,month,day, hour, min)! _Similar to VBA_ which has _CDate_ function to convert a text string to a date. Otherwise, the above codeblock won't work unless the tag's PLC configuration changes to formatting(HH:mm:ss), it is what i am doing right now. TIA
edited Jan 22 at 9:13 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft