Support Forums
VTScada Polling a Single array and breaking out into individual tags

Im trying to use VTScada to poll a Single array from an MQTT Broker. Once i get the tag into VTScada, I want to have the ability to break it apart into its individual tags and im wondering if this is possible or if anyone has done something similar yet??

The length of my array will be around 30 Dint Values. and i want to be able to view each value individually in VTscada after polling the single array[30]

If anyone has any ideas or information on this, please let me know.

Im trying to use VTScada to poll a Single array from an MQTT Broker. Once i get the tag into VTScada, I want to have the ability to break it apart into its individual tags and im wondering if this is possible or if anyone has done something similar yet?? The length of my array will be around 30 Dint Values. and i want to be able to view each value individually in VTscada after polling the single array[30] If anyone has any ideas or information on this, please let me know.

VTScada allows users to create a custom parsing module for MQTT. This may be the easiest way to meet your needs. You could also look at the address Suffix options in the help files.

Typically, our MQTT driver is expecting either a single value per topic or a structured string in a format such as JSON. We do also support SparkPlugB.

VTScada allows users to create a custom parsing module for MQTT. This may be the easiest way to meet your needs. You could also look at the address Suffix options in the help files. Typically, our MQTT driver is expecting either a single value per topic or a structured string in a format such as JSON. We do also support SparkPlugB.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

@ArghDave Does VTScada Deal with arrays in general, apart from MQTT Usage??

@ArghDave Does VTScada Deal with arrays in general, apart from MQTT Usage??

Typically we would be using industrial protocols to collect data into VTScada though some drivers are more open, such as MQTT as there is no clear standard to date for a MQTT payload (Though we certainly find that JSON is the most common MQTT payload).

Typically we would be using industrial protocols to collect data into VTScada though some drivers are more open, such as MQTT as there is no clear standard to date for a MQTT payload (Though we certainly find that JSON is the most common MQTT payload).

If you could present your array to your broker in the following JSON compliant format, it would work well without creating a custom broker:

In this case below, you would have the following valid addresses in VTScada

Tag1 address: myTopic++[0].value
Tag2 address: myTopic++[1].value

where your array message to the broker would be:

[{
"value":123  
}
,{
  "value":456
}]
If you could present your array to your broker in the following JSON compliant format, it would work well without creating a custom broker: In this case below, you would have the following valid addresses in VTScada Tag1 address: myTopic++[0].value Tag2 address: myTopic++[1].value where your array message to the broker would be: ```` [{ "value":123 } ,{ "value":456 }] ````

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft