Support Forums
How to set Child Tags Historian using setting in Parent Context Tag

TLDR: I want to create an additional historian. And want all the new tags under a parent context tag to point to the new historian.

I have added a setting in the past to change the server list for all child tags, using "DriverServerListName" setting in a parent tag. Does such a setting exist for historians as well?

My problem is that all of my tag types have been defined and have their child tags pointing to the default SystemHistorian. And I would like to preserve their structure without changing other instances.

TLDR: I want to create an additional historian. And want all the new tags under a parent context tag to point to the new historian. I have added a setting in the past to change the server list for all child tags, using "DriverServerListName" setting in a parent tag. Does such a setting exist for historians as well? My problem is that all of my tag types have been defined and have their child tags pointing to the default SystemHistorian. And I would like to preserve their structure without changing other instances.

Example of property name used to change server list.

65d7bab95bbc5

Example of property name used to change server list. ![65d7bab95bbc5](serve/attachment&path=65d7bab95bbc5)

Link all the desired tags to the historian of your choice in a tag export. Takes about 5 minutes.

Link all the desired tags to the historian of your choice in a tag export. Takes about 5 minutes.
edited Feb 23 at 9:42 pm

Thanks for the response. That would be one way to do it, hopefully not the only way. It would be ideal for it to be inherited - to save time exporting>importing when additions are made and prevent something being overlooked when adding a large amount of tags. It's a large application and uses mostly custom tag types with large amounts of child tags.

Thanks for the response. That would be one way to do it, hopefully not the only way. It would be ideal for it to be inherited - to save time exporting>importing when additions are made and prevent something being overlooked when adding a large amount of tags. It's a large application and uses mostly custom tag types with large amounts of child tags.

It can be inherited. You just define your tag types with a temporary historian with the same name and structure as all of your real instances of types will see. You mentioned this for new tags though, so you will have to be mindful of that and maybe you need a more complicated expression.

The tag dump option is just by far the fastest/easiest.

It can be inherited. You just define your tag types with a temporary historian with the same name and structure as all of your real instances of types will see. You mentioned this for new tags though, so you will have to be mindful of that and maybe you need a more complicated expression. The tag dump option is just by far the fastest/easiest.
edited Feb 26 at 9:34 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft