Support Forums
If Else Expression Bug?

Im currently building out expressions using the If else statement. I have created a custom widget that uses and ifelse statement to determine which interval value to display on a gauge. I originally created the expression for one area and it works flawlessly, but i needed to copy it over to another area thats the same, but with different tags. When copying it over i get errors no matter what i enter. The condition section seems to be giving me trouble.. this SAME expression works in one section but not the new one? I dont see how this is possible and its very frustrating when this is such a simple task that i know works. Can someone please explain? I truly believe this is some sort of bug... I even tried basic conditions like tag_Name > 1 or tag_Name == 1 and all I get is error error error. I have attached pictures as well. Thanks In advance.

662a632f56e14
662a634825267

I tried both numeric value and text value for my basic condition test.. still no luck. Also im currently on version 12.1.43.

Im currently building out expressions using the If else statement. I have created a custom widget that uses and ifelse statement to determine which interval value to display on a gauge. I originally created the expression for one area and it works flawlessly, but i needed to copy it over to another area thats the same, but with different tags. When copying it over i get errors no matter what i enter. The condition section seems to be giving me trouble.. this SAME expression works in one section but not the new one? I dont see how this is possible and its very frustrating when this is such a simple task that i know works. Can someone please explain? I truly believe this is some sort of bug... I even tried basic conditions like tag_Name > 1 or tag_Name == 1 and all I get is error error error. I have attached pictures as well. Thanks In advance. ![662a632f56e14](serve/attachment&path=662a632f56e14) ![662a634825267](serve/attachment&path=662a634825267) I tried both numeric value and text value for my basic condition test.. still no luck. Also im currently on version 12.1.43.

Hi Jroc, Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having trouble. I ran this by our Support team and they had the following response...

"The way it is highlighted means there is some thing wrong with the structure or one of the tags or parameters. For instance, in the second one, what is UIControlTag? Does it have a value that is read that way? We would need the app. Its difficult to diagnose expression errors out of context."

Can you email us with the ChangeSet file attached...
(https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSCreate.htm?Highlight=ChangeSet%20)
as well as the expression you are trying to use pasted directly into the email?

We will do what we can to identify the issue.

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Jroc, Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having trouble. I ran this by our Support team and they had the following response... _"The way it is highlighted means there is some thing wrong with the structure or one of the tags or parameters. For instance, in the second one, what is UIControlTag? Does it have a value that is read that way? We would need the app. Its difficult to diagnose expression errors out of context."_ Can you [email](http://support@trihedral.com) us with the ChangeSet file attached... (https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tools/Dev_CSCreate.htm?Highlight=ChangeSet%20) as well as the expression you are trying to use pasted directly into the email? We will do what we can to identify the issue. Thanks! Chris
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft