General Discussions
Numeric Entry widget help.

I was just wondering, if I have a numeric entry widget to write a SP to a PLC tag and a momentary PB how could I use the PB to change the value in the numeric entry?

What I was going to do is use the numeric entry widget to write an RPM SP to a vfd and use the momentary PB as a stop button for the motor but when I push the stop button I want the numeric entry value to be 0 instead of the last input it received. I can do this in the PLC no problem but I want to be able to see it on the HMI too.

Thanks,

I was just wondering, if I have a numeric entry widget to write a SP to a PLC tag and a momentary PB how could I use the PB to change the value in the numeric entry? What I was going to do is use the numeric entry widget to write an RPM SP to a vfd and use the momentary PB as a stop button for the motor but when I push the stop button I want the numeric entry value to be 0 instead of the last input it received. I can do this in the PLC no problem but I want to be able to see it on the HMI too. Thanks,

Are you using an AnalogControl Tag? If so, that will not perform a read back.
Instead use an AnalogStatus Tag with output enabled.

Are you using an AnalogControl Tag? If so, that will not perform a read back. Instead use an AnalogStatus Tag with output enabled.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

As Mel said. However, if the tags are already constructed an drawn, you could add an analog status or input tag and use it as a data source for the output tag. Make sure you select the option top use it for display only.

When the input tag reads the value of the address from the device, it will update the display value of the output tag.

As Mel said. However, if the tags are already constructed an drawn, you could add an analog status or input tag and use it as a data source for the output tag. Make sure you select the option top use it for display only. When the input tag reads the value of the address from the device, it will update the display value of the output tag.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft