Support Forums
Rearmed Alarms Fail to Notify

We have an application in which the customer wishes to rearm priority 1 alarms if they stay in the alarm state for an extended period. He also would like the rearmed alarm to re-send a notification upon rearming. I have not seen anything in the manual about this being possible, but all attempts of trying it did not work. The alarm would in fact rearm, but no new notifications were sent. I had him select the alarm as a "Trip" alarm to see if that would work, but it was to no avail. Is this even possible and if so, how does one do it? Thanks!

We have an application in which the customer wishes to rearm priority 1 alarms if they stay in the alarm state for an extended period. He also would like the rearmed alarm to re-send a notification upon rearming. I have not seen anything in the manual about this being possible, but all attempts of trying it did not work. The alarm would in fact rearm, but no new notifications were sent. I had him select the alarm as a "Trip" alarm to see if that would work, but it was to no avail. Is this even possible and if so, how does one do it? Thanks!

If the re-arm is set, the alarm is acknowledged and the alarm stays in state past the re-arm time, then it should activate again and a new notification be sent out.

If that is not happening, we may need a copy of your changeset. What version of VTscada are you using?

If the re-arm is set, the alarm is acknowledged and the alarm stays in state past the re-arm time, then it should activate again and a new notification be sent out. If that is not happening, we may need a copy of your changeset. What version of VTscada are you using?

Doug Spurrell

We are using version 11.2 of VTScada. I can send the latest changeset, what is your email address?

We are using version 11.2 of VTScada. I can send the latest changeset, what is your email address?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft