General Discussions
1 application 3 servers 3 PLC failover coms

Single Application on 3 different Servers that are connected via radio link.

Call them ServerA, ServerB, ServerC

3 PLCs (actually more but this is good enough) each PLC is located in proximity to its similar server

Call them PLCA, PLCB, PLCC

Default configuration is ServerA - if primary does polling to PLCA, PLCB, PLCC. If ServerA goes down ServerB takes over all communication and refills A DB when it comes back up.

What I want though is.
ServerA gets tags from PLCA
ServerB gets tags from PLCB
ServerC gets tags from PLCC

If ServerB fails ServerA gets tags from PLCA and PLCB and when ServerB goes back online ServerB resumes connection to PLCB and ServerA starts.

I can do a workstation tag to see other workstation status to turn on / off driver based on workstation status, but how do I set that up so each workstation has different configuration of which ones are on/off based on workstation name?

Single Application on 3 different Servers that are connected via radio link. Call them ServerA, ServerB, ServerC 3 PLCs (actually more but this is good enough) each PLC is located in proximity to its similar server Call them PLCA, PLCB, PLCC Default configuration is ServerA - if primary does polling to PLCA, PLCB, PLCC. If ServerA goes down ServerB takes over all communication and refills A DB when it comes back up. What I want though is. ServerA gets tags from PLCA ServerB gets tags from PLCB ServerC gets tags from PLCC If ServerB fails ServerA gets tags from PLCA and PLCB and when ServerB goes back online ServerB resumes connection to PLCB and ServerA starts. I can do a workstation tag to see other workstation status to turn on / off driver based on workstation status, but how do I set that up so each workstation has different configuration of which ones are on/off based on workstation name?

This is easy to do but you'll have setup your redundant servers using the advanced option. you'll find this in the Settings -> Edit Server Lists settings.

You can start to learn about this by reading the following from our help files: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_RemoteApps/Dev_LoadDistribution.htm

This is easy to do but you'll have setup your redundant servers using the advanced option. you'll find this in the Settings -> Edit Server Lists settings. You can start to learn about this by reading the following from our help files: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_RemoteApps/Dev_LoadDistribution.htm

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks, that works. Forgot about that little section.

Thanks, that works. Forgot about that little section.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft